• The KillerFrogs

OT--Bad weather approaches DFW

f_399

Yesterday we were told to brace for bad weather and nothing really happened.

I didn't even think about the weather today and we may have a better chance for severe weather.

Chongo94

I tell y'all what...with the way all the local weather people react these days in building up a frenzy for ratings and then nothing ever happens....I'm absolutely gonna get Briles'd one day by bad weather because I never believe them anymore.

I honestly don't listen to a word they say when it comes to storms. My storm radar is looking out the window and then checking the weather app. Darn these ridiculous ratings crazed local weather people!!

ShadowFrog

Moderators
One of the most terrifying but funny moments of undergrad was riding in my TCU roommate's 1987ish gold TransAm with glass t-top, and getting caught in baseball size hail on Berry by where the baseball stadium is now. We thought the hail was coming through the glass any second, and held books over our heads for when it did.

Good use of books.

82Frog

Weather Hype
mmooch_zpskty4yham.gif

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
If they say severe weather *may* be coming, people freak (at least the people I work with). A quick check of weather.com yesterday showed that we might get some rain.
On the other hand, if they don't say anything and something happens, everyone freaks on the weather guys and "why didn't they warn us!?!?"
I check weather.com, look at the future radar and make my own judgment. It's usually right.