• The KillerFrogs

OT - Annual Safety Warning

PurplFrawg

Administrator
My favorite are the ones who park by the road, get their kids out into the bluebonnets, and then have a photo op. I stop and remind them that the snakes are starting to move this time of year, and to have a nice day.

The-Bluebonnet-Ratlesnake-660x390.jpg

HFrog1999

It’s also my Wife’s birthday....sooooo....

And if you’re keeping track, that’s right, my wife was shot a week before her birthday last year. She’s always thought April was a bad month because of the things Shadow mentioned. Let’s hope tonight’s weather doesn’t add to it.

Deep Purple

My favorite are the ones who park by the road, get their kids out into the bluebonnets, and then have a photo op. I stop and remind them that the snakes are starting to move this time of year, and to have a nice day.

Must be the first purple diamondback of the season.

BABYFACE

Holy smokes, that is a photo.

Not a fan of rattlesnakes. Fricking Copperheads are the worst pertaining to aggression.

netty2424

Had the A/C folks come out yesterday and inspect my heat and air system coming into the summer. Trying to be proactive and head off any issues before they happen in the peak heat. Walked outside as the guy was spraying the outside unit and saw a snake laying there. It had been dead a while. Got down inside the unit and either got clipped by the fan, or just fell in and couldn’t get out. Either way, no snake better than a dead snake.

Deep Purple

Had the A/C folks come out yesterday and inspect my heat and air system coming into the summer. Trying to be proactive and head off any issues before they happen in the peak heat. Walked outside as the guy was spraying the outside unit and saw a snake laying there. It had been dead a while. Got down inside the unit and either got clipped by the fan, or just fell in and couldn’t get out. Either way, no snake better than a dead snake.
Similar AC inspection in our old house in Ridglea about 20 years ago turned up a snake in the unit drain pan. Two surprises there:
  1. The snake was alive, but it was only a harmless garter snake.
  2. The drain pan was in the interior part of the system, which was not in the attic. It was in a hallway closet with the drain pan about 8 feet above the floor. How did the snake get there? I suspect the Aggie neighbors.

netty2424

Similar AC inspection in our old house in Ridglea about 20 years ago turned up a snake in the unit drain pan. Two surprises there:
  1. The snake was alive, but it was only a harmless garter snake.
  2. The drain pan was in the interior part of the system, which was not in the attic. It was in a hallway closet with the drain pan about 8 feet above the floor. How did the snake get there? I suspect the Aggie neighbors.
100% Aggie neighbors. They probably didn’t eat dinner that night, unless you gave it back to them?

Froglaw

It’s also my Wife’s birthday....sooooo....

And if you’re keeping track, that’s right, my wife was shot a week before her birthday last year. She’s always thought April was a bad month because of the things Shadow mentioned. Let’s hope tonight’s weather doesn’t add to it.

"Wife was shot"

Okay, I assume there is a story there?

Froginbedford

Give me a flamethrower....