• The KillerFrogs

Osu gets beat by TCU thread

Pharm Frog

This morning Frogs were 83rd in RPI. Now sit at 72nd after the W. Could use a sweep but really need to win the series. Might as well win tomorrow and set Sunday up for some fun.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
No doubt a weird TCU fandom wormhole. So Moose Stuff, Maniac, and Big Steaming Pile walk into a bar.......
One orders a daiquiri then gets pissed and leaves because people are sitting in the seats he wants. One lives right by the bar but can’t help but give it bad reviews every chance he gets even though he is there nightly hitting on coeds and drinking Cutty Sark neat. The third wonders how he ended up at a bar with the other two, orders a Budweiser and wonders how this bar got so damn expensive.

Last edited:

Bill Bozeat

One orders a daiquiri then gets pissed and leaves because people are sitting in the seats he wants. One lives right by the bar but can’t help but give it bad reviews every chance he gets even though he is there nightly hitting on coeds and drinking Cutty Sark neat. The third wonders how he ended up at a bar with the other two, orders a Budweiser and wonders how this bar got so damn expensive.
Didnt know Moose likes Cutty

PurpleBlood87

Did anyone who watched the game on Fox find the interview with German Duran a little uncomfortable? Considering he left the program after one year because he essentially raarely went to class.

PurpleBlood87

No it didn’t. Another poor call. It bounced off tarp and was right there. Then OSU threw ball and it hits first base ump.

Don’t you have to put your hands up for a lost ball??

It's a Lupton Stadium rule. Ball goes into that area it is a dead ball. It's one of the rules the coaches and umpires discuss before the game.

Pharm Frog

It's a Lupton Stadium rule. Ball goes into that area it is a dead ball. It's one of the rules the coaches and umpires discuss before the game.

I think it would be fun to hear the explanation of ground rules from time to time. One of my favorites is this old minor league ball field in Guymon, Oklahoma that is built to the dimensions of Wrigley Field with an earth berm outfield wall. Unfortunately, on that berm there's all sorts of cactus and the occasional rattlesnake so the ground rules can be well worth listening to. There's another old minor league field in Guthrie OK where they have to explain what to do if a ball is hit into a carve out into the RCF fence that houses some sort of gas utility mechanism. And, they used to have both a light standard and a huge flag pole inside the RF fence although I had heard that they were moving that. They should because the flag pole was probably 15'-20' inside.

lowfrog

The game is very clean today when compared to the past and ground rules are a part of that. Read Crazy '08 by Cait Murphy to see how dirty the game used to be. Ground crews would deliberately configure ball fields to give the home team advantages. But that is just part of the story. The subtitle of the book is "How a Cast of Cranks, Rogues, Boneheads, and Magnates Created the Greatest Year in Baseball History."

Pharm Frog

The game is very clean today when compared to the past and ground rules are a part of that. Read Crazy '08 by Cait Murphy to see how dirty the game used to be. Ground crews would deliberately configure ball fields to give the home team advantages. But that is just part of the story. The subtitle of the book is "How a Cast of Cranks, Rogues, Boneheads, and Magnates Created the Greatest Year in Baseball History."

$14.95 on Amazon. Just purchased. Needed something since I’m about to finish all of my Cornwell novels