• The KillerFrogs

OSU for Homecoming Next Year

SeniorFrog

Mark Cohen ‏@TCUSID 1m
Homecoming at TCU next year will be Oct. 18 when the Horned Frogs host Oklahoma State.

Should be a good one.

Pharm Frog

The radio theme up here today was that OSU better win Bedlam this year and get as much out of this season as they can because next year will be a huge talent replacement year.  Don't follow them that well to know but seemed to be conventional wisdom (if such a thing exists up here when it comes to OSU football).

tcuseagull

Pharm Frog said:
The radio theme up here today was that OSU better win Bedlam this year and get as much out of this season as they can because next year will be a huge talent replacement year.  Don't follow them that well to know but seemed to be conventional wisdom (if such a thing exists up here when it comes to OSU football).
They are graduating 28 seniors. http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-football-senior-sendoff/article/3910903

I was not impressed with JW Walsh at all in the game, so Oklahoma State may be taking a step back next year.

tetonfrog

I'm With The Band said:
Has Okie State ever been to AGC?  I know they haven't been to the new one.  

Wasn't OSU Sully's first win? Fake FG for TD? Good Homecoming Game, but it's certainly no gimme. Do we have a gimme win any more...........................oh yeah, forgot about SMU. :biggrin:

rifram09

I bet OSU still has a pretty good team next year. But 28 seniors is a lot to lose.

Imagine if they didn't lose that stupid game to WVU? Then imagine if they also didn't lose to ISU in similar fashion two years ago?

They could have played for the title 2 of last three easy.

Froginbedford

tetonfrog said:

Wasn't OSU Sully's first win? Fake FG for TD? Good Homecoming Game, but it's certainly no gimme. Do we have a gimme win any more...........................oh yeah, forgot about SMU. :biggrin:
Most recent Frog wins;;;;1990 31-21; 1992, 13-11 at Carter (Sullivan's first) ...24-21 at OSU...
his only other win that year was 23-14 over Texas, also at Carter....

Ron Swanson

Pharm Frog said:

Is that what OU fans are saying or what OSU fans are saying?

Hefley001

We do lose quite a few next year. Only half of those leaving will have impact (which is still a lot).

1. DT - Barnett (this to me will be a big loss)
2. QB - Chelf (A lot of people are expecting incoming True Freshman to take over.  Could be trouble)
3. S - Gary (A Wyoming transfer that has played pretty well for us.)
4. CB - Gilbert (This one is a double kick to the shin.  Not only a great CB, but our dynamic KR as well)
5. OL - Graham (Our leader on the O-line.  Will definitely be missed.  Coach Wickline does wonders though on OL)
6. TE - Jackson (not really going to miss him.  His nickname last year was "skillet hands". Gotten better this year though)
7. DE - Johnson (Pretty good pass rusher, but not dominant.)
8. LB - Lavey (Most disappointing loss on defense imo.)
9. LB - Lewis (2nd most disappointing loss on defense imo.)
10. S - Lowe (His leadership on the field will definitely be missed.  Good solid player).
11. WR - C. Moore (pretty good hands, backup PR.)
12. WR - T. Moore (Chelfs favorite target.  Will definitely be missed.)
13. CB - Patmon (Kansas transfer.  He played solid this year, but not a loss)
14. RB - Smith (Never could solidify himself as a starter.  Were pretty good in the RB situation)
14. FB - Staley (6yr member of OSU.  Will definitely be missed.  From leadership to playing.)

Losing pretty much our entire defensive starters (1 DT, 2 LB's, 2 CB's, 2 S's.)  Our 2's have played pretty well this year, but that's a lot of leadership and game experience lost.

We've done a great job in recruiting, but I honestly expect a decline again like 2012 because of graduation.