• The KillerFrogs

on3: 4-star QB Jaden Rashada reportedly set to visit TCU

An-Cap Frog

…or generationally loaded and can ‘copter around.
Italian Nonna GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

froginaustin

Early Big 12 Football Predictions for 2023 - AthlonSports.com | Expert Predictions, Picks, and Previews

I have no idea if this link will work.....but Athlon Sports predicts Texas as the favorite and TCU second. OK link didn't work. Take my word for it. Texas/ TCU and OU in that order.

UTx - IF that recruiting class of linemen that were freshmen this year grows up and sticks around (maybe those 2 are mutually exclusive, IDK), and IF UTx has a real quarterback next year, they could be good. I know that's assuming a lot.

fanatical frog

UTx - IF that recruiting class of linemen that were freshmen this year grows up and sticks around (maybe those 2 are mutually exclusive, IDK), and IF UTx has a real quarterback next year, they could be good. I know that's assuming a lot.

I fully expect both Texas and OU to be good this year....there may not be any easy outs in the B12 this time around.

fanatical frog

no need to ask for forgiveness, for some odd reason my recollection of last year got a bit foggy after new year's, almost as if i saw some traumatic event, you know a car wreck, industrial accident, speed 2, .......

Speaking of the event you referenced but we shall never call by name.....our entire team came out of the tunnel that night looking like they just found out somebody shot their dog.....now, I love dogs and I only used that phrase to describe a disheartened condition.....you could tell it from the first play from scrimmage. I've wondered if there was some precipitating event to cause that. You got any idea?

BTW, taking nothing away from the undisputed best team in cfb this year.....but this team had the ability to keep that game close.

Eight

Speaking of the event you referenced but we shall never call by name.....our entire team came out of the tunnel that night looking like they just found out somebody shot their dog.....now, I love dogs and I only used that phrase to describe a disheartened condition.....you could tell it from the first play from scrimmage. I've wondered if there was some precipitating event to cause that. You got any idea?

BTW, taking nothing away from the undisputed best team in cfb this year.....but this team had the ability to keep that game close.

reminded me of this moment from the cinematic masterpiece, kick boxer, the citizen kane of van damme movies

CleverHighlevelIguanodon-size_restricted.gif

all seriousness, the start of the title game versus uga reminded me of the cotton bowl game from 1991

horn friends to this day won't speak of it other than they knew it was over when the texas kick returner was crushed on the opening kick off and it was apparent texas was in way, way over their heads that day

Palliative Care

I felt that way before our first Fiesta Bowl against Boise. It was rather like waiting for the hangman to finish up with the gallows. Yes for me he was there at the NCG too. You just want to believe but fate seems to have you by your parts and you are going down. Sometimes you just can’t escape your sentence.

CountryFrog

I fully expect both Texas and OU to be good this year....there may not be any easy outs in the B12 this time around.
I think Oklahoma St, West Virginia, and Iowa St will all be pretty down. Plus Kansas was terrible on the road last year so playing them at home should be a relatively easy win.

Of the newbies, I don't expect much from either Cincinnati or Houston. BYU and UCF are a little harder for me to guage. I don't think either will be near the top of the conference. I'm just not sure whether they'll be bottom feeders or mid-tier teams. I wouldn't be surprised at all if those 4 teams end up being the bottom 4 in the conference.

OU will be better (I mean they have to be, right) but I'm not sure about Texas. I personally think they're going to remain in a 7-8 win purgatory as long as Sark is there. They'll still be a tough out because they have good players but they'll continue to beat themselves at every opportunity. I think it's a 3- horse race next year between TCU, OU, and K-State.

puckster59

To me, there was no resemblance of the team that beat Michigan the week before. They were emotionally and physically spent, IMO. There just wasn’t any fire or sense of purpose from the opening gun.