• The KillerFrogs

On Field Video of Game Winning FG... Give 'em Kell TCU

PurpleBlood87

I decided not to climb the stairs to the upper deck and just found and empty seat in corner of the end zone.

Then someone called my name and I was sitting right next to former Frogs baseball player Steve Stone and his wife.

No one ever came for the seat so I had two Frogs to my right. Another two a row down and two more right in front of me two rows down.

There were no Baylor fans amongst us.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Though EVERYTHING regarding the last drive of the game was sensational, I was SHOCKED to hear the VOLUME LEVEL of the Frogs fans' cheers for Kell's game winning kick. Any guess as to what % of the crowd Saturday afternoon were FROG FANS!!! That was a memory that will remain with me for the rest of my days!!!!

I was perpendicular to the goalposts, so I had no view to tell if it was off to a side or down the middle. When I first heard the cheer, for an instant I thought it was the Baylor crowd and that we had lost. Then I saw the officials and the purple fans going ape. I cannot properly describe the tidal wave of joy I got at that time.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Some of TCU's best teams in recent memory have had great special teams units especially when it comes to kickers. There is something special when you know if you get it to the 30 that you are scoring points. That gives a team and a coaching staff confidence. Of the top 8 Horned Frogs in career scoring 6 are kickers. That stat is skewed, but there are plenty of games I can remember where we didn't have a kicker and it cost us the game. If only I could get the 2003 Ft. Worth Bowl out of my mind where Browne was injured.

2008 at Utah was a day Ross Evans became a household name - for all the wrong reasons.

PurpleBlood87

I was perpendicular to the goalposts, so I had no view to tell if it was off to a side or down the middle. When I first heard the cheer, for an instant I thought it was the Baylor crowd and that we had lost. Then I saw the officials and the purple fans going ape. I cannot properly describe the tidal wave of joy I got at that time.

I was in the opposite lower end zone on the last row so I had a good view of the whole sequence. It was so well done and then the kick started off toward the post and just for a second I was worried but the ball drew back to the middle and that's when I started yelling.

At the start of the second half I asked Steve Stone why did Baylor take the win to start the second half?

Outback Frog

I think it was Brock Huard on the Fox broadcast who said after the interviews with Sonny and Max, “I haven’t stopped shaking yet.”

Kell gave a lot of credit to one of the best at TCU, Jaden Oberkrom. He said he’s one of his best friends and wouldn’t be the kicker he is without him.
Really good TCU kickers make the short trip over to Fort Worth from Arlington ISD (Arlington High-Kell and Martin HS-Oberkrom).