• The KillerFrogs

On a lighter note - the hi-def stadium fan pic was released.

SuperTFrog

There is no purpose. Absolutely moronic waste of premium real estate.
How do you know there was no purpose? Did you talk to the engineering firm that designed the stadium? The construction guys? For you to speak so definitively, I assume you have some inside information that the rest of us don’t. Do share as I’d love to know.

How do you know there was no purpose? Did you talk to the engineering firm that designed the stadium? The construction guys? For you to speak so definitively, I assume you have some inside information that the rest of us don’t. Do share as I’d love to know.
I am surprised more people aren’t curious as to why. I assumed that had been discussed and answered on this forum. Those cutouts beg the question.

Last edited:
What is the purpose of the square cutouts on each edge of the club seat section on the west side 200 level, and is the purpose worth sacrificing what could have been great seating?
@SuperTFrog @tcumaniac @Paul in uhh @YA —Maybe it is a structural load limit on the club section. Maybe the options were to have one less row across the club section without cutouts, or to have the extra row with these cutouts flanking the club seating; the extra row maximizing the number of club seats closer to the field and the 50 yard line. Maximizing space in the Founders Suites underneath may have played into a structural load limit.

Now I am answering my own questions, with speculation; jeepers, I need to prioritize my time better.

tcudoc

@SuperTFrog @tcumaniac @Paul in uhh @YA —Maybe it is a structural load limit on the club section. Maybe the options were to have one less row across the club section without cutouts, or to have the extra row with these cutouts flanking the club seating; the extra row maximizing the number of club seats closer to the field and the 50 yard line. Maximizing space in the Founders Suites underneath may have played into a structural load limit.

Now I am answering my own questions, with speculation; jeepers, I need to prioritize my time better.
If there’s a load limit, somebody better tell Jugband.

PurpleBlood87

What is the purpose of the square cutouts on each edge of the club seat section on the west side 200 level, and is the purpose worth sacrificing what could have been great seating?

This from someone who knows.

"The cut outs were an architectural piece designed to try to open up the lower concourse so the fans did not feel closed in when standing at the concessions stands."

"The cut outs were an architectural piece designed to try to open up the lower concourse so the fans did not feel closed in when standing at the concessions stands."
Oh my, that doesn’t appear to be a good trade-off. They then may have gone too far with the “Camden Yards of college football” concept, maybe to the point of being foolish. Prioritize good seats and people focused and cheering in their seats rather than dawdling and enjoying the concourses.

@PurpleBlood87 —Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:

Yup. CDC said it was for aesthetics. He (and others) liked the same thing at the Cowboys Stadium (which HKS also did).

HFrog1999

Yup. CDC said it was for aesthetics. He (and others) liked the same thing at the Cowboys Stadium (which HKS also did).

I really hate the Cowboys Stadium. We had season tickets in Texas Stadium when I was a kid, we got to play there in High School and I was at the last Cowboys game there.

I’ve never seen a Cowboys game in the new stadium, but I’ve been to TCU games there and I hate it.