• The KillerFrogs

Olympics Thread

Pharm Frog

No but it’s an Olympic thread is all. I can post anyone I guess according to Pharm’s hints but was trying to stick to current olympians.

Sadly, the US teams, while scoring in some medals are lacking in the visuals. No more Amanda Heards and NC’s and Dara Torres these days it seems.

Maybe she watched the Olympics at some point.

Emma McKeon is nice…

45855207-9822225-The_pair_pictured_McKeon_swam_the_distance_in_just_55_82_seconds-m-79_1627177376574.jpg

464full-emma-mckeon.jpg

I'd let those legs wrap around me twice.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Watching the Olympics on other country’s networks makes the viewer experience much better.

The USA networks have way too many commercials.

I was stationed in England for the 1988 Summer (Seoul) and Winter (Calgary) Olympics.

This was pre-cable, so the only television source was the BBC.

BBC would only do in-depth coverage of events that had a Brit competitor--and it would cease following that event when said Brit competitor was eliminated from the competition.

Thus, for the Summer Olympics the only sport televised from start to finish was the Women's Javelin, as Fatima Whitbread proceeded to win the Silver Medal. The Winter Olympics was focused on Michael Edwards aka "Eddie the Eagle"--the ski jumper who finished dead last in every event

Other events were covered in a random fashion; medal winners were announced every now and then (and sometimes never).

But there were no commercials.

Moose Stuff

No but it’s an Olympic thread is all. I can post anyone I guess according to Pharm’s hints but was trying to stick to current olympians.

Sadly, the US teams, while scoring in some medals are lacking in the visuals. No more Amanda Heards and NC’s and Dara Torres these days it seems.

Dara Torres? Always found her to be kinda man’ish.

Moose Stuff

Admittedly not the easiest bunch to root for but I’m getting a kick out of the Dutch girl running her mouth before the game about us not being the favorites and now she’ll be watching the rest of the proceedings from her couch.

Eight

just for lisa t, to prove we aren't all about the looks i offer this board gabby thomas who will be running the 200M for the us

Screenshot-2021-06-28T112546.106.jpg

she never thought about track as a career so she went to harvard with a double major in neurobiology and global health. moved to austin after turning pro and while training for the olympics started he worked to earn a masters in epidemiology​