• The KillerFrogs

Olympics Thread

Mean Purple

maybe just not the olympic party scene, she is 24, has a long time boy friend, has started some different ventures and has been going through this grind longer than some of her teammates have been alive

a local gym owner told me she had shut it done and was ready to get on with her life, he could be wrong, but you look at her at the trials and then the other night and it is pretty obvious she just doesn't have the drive that she once did and the other night she made a comment she doesn't trust her skills like she once did
yeah, she was doing some un-Simone like things at trials. Then the quals were not smooth. Then in teams she looked confused. Like a golfer who can't find their swing. Still, when you consider what she has delivered on before, you would think she could get back in and focus. They announced she won't do all around. Still possible for individual events next week.

Bob Sugar

yeah, she was doing some un-Simone like things at trials. Then the quals were not smooth. Then in teams she looked confused. Like a golfer who can't find their swing. Still, when you consider what she has delivered on before, you would think she could get back in and focus. They announced she won't do all around. Still possible for individual events next week.
The amazing thing was, with all of those major errors (bad landings, etc.), she was still in first place going into the all-arounds. Like I said, she is the best gymnast I've ever seen and will likely be so for the next 4-12 years. I mean its remarkable how much better she is/was than everyone else.

Pharm Frog

Would love to hear highlights

To be honest I don’t have that much to report…she really only wanted to talk about the athletes who did (or will) compete. That probably told me everything I needed to know. Had a bit of animosity toward the US Gymnastics leadership. Said there’s no way that Team USA and her personal coaches didn’t know she wasn’t prepared to compete and that it had been spoken about for many weeks among the rather small community.

EDIT: At the time we spoke this morning I guess it was known that she wouldn’t compete in the all around. My colleague did say that’s there’s no way Simone should be permitted to compete in the individual apparatus events. Pretty adamant about that and has already texted me tonight that apparently the girl that I thought had got sent back to the US is still in Tokyo.

Last edited:

Eight

To be honest I don’t have that much to report…she really only wanted to talk about the athletes who did (or will) compete. That probably told me everything I needed to know. Had a bit of animosity toward the US Gymnastics leadership. Said there’s no way that Team USA and her personal coaches didn’t know she wasn’t prepared to compete and that it had been spoken about for many weeks among the rather small community.

Which fits with the things I was told by the Gym owner in Spring.

Pharm Frog

Which fits with the things I was told by the Gym owner in Spring.

I’m eating at the Saltgrass Steakhouse near my high school (Oak Ridge) right now and staying in a Marriott down by 45 and 99 that was absolutely nothing but a decent place to shoot squirrels when I was growing up here. Not looking forward to the trip into the Medical Center tomorrow AM. I can’t believe I made it 18 years (plus a couple of summers) in these parts.

froginmn

Regan Smith trolling Simone Biles?

"I knew that last 50 would be a really tough fight, and I tend to poop out,'' Smith said. "I just told myself, 'Not today.' I'm going to put my head down and push for Team USA.''

Eight

I’m eating at the Saltgrass Steakhouse near my high school (Oak Ridge) right now and staying in a Marriott down by 45 and 99 that was absolutely nothing but a decent place to shoot squirrels when I was growing up here. Not looking forward to the trip into the Medical Center tomorrow AM. I can’t believe I made it 18 years (plus a couple of summers) in these parts.

not far from the spring creek parkway which runs along that scenic creek

Mean Purple

The amazing thing was, with all of those major errors (bad landings, etc.), she was still in first place going into the all-arounds. Like I said, she is the best gymnast I've ever seen and will likely be so for the next 4-12 years. I mean its remarkable how much better she is/was than everyone else.
Suni Lee says BOOM!

Chongo94

Emma McKeon is nice…

45855207-9822225-The_pair_pictured_McKeon_swam_the_distance_in_just_55_82_seconds-m-79_1627177376574.jpg

464full-emma-mckeon.jpg