• The KillerFrogs

Olympics Thread

Chongo94

In other news, the Olympics is going on and officially starts today with the opening ceremony.

Rowing is on today with some 3x3 basketball and handball on later I believe.

Eight

In other news, the Olympics is going on and officially starts today with the opening ceremony.

Rowing is on today with some 3x3 basketball and handball on later I believe.

briefly watched softball game of us v canada and found my self pondering why if japan spent 20 billion preparing for the olympics they are using the same facility for softball as baseball

Chongo94

briefly watched softball game of us v canada and found my self pondering why if japan spent 20 billion preparing for the olympics they are using the same facility for softball as baseball

Who knows….I wouldn’t have been aware of that if you hadn’t told me ha. The Olympics are usually a huge economic boondoggle, maybe they didn’t want one more stadium to go unused for 20-30 years…?

yurintroubl

6 Former Frogs are participating in the Tokyo Olympic Games.

Representing Team USA are:
Tom Scott (Class of 2012) - Karate
Ronnie Baker (Class of 2016) - Track & Field

Extremely fast man Baker will likely have more than one chance to medal as he qualified individually for the 100m making him a good candidate for a spot on the 4x100 relay team.

More about all the 2021 TCU Olympians HERE.

Chongo94

How the US is not better at Handball is beyond me. You’d think with all the basketball and football castoffs in this country they could be decent at this sport.

LisaLT

6 Former Frogs are participating in the Tokyo Olympic Games.

Representing Team USA are:
Tom Scott (Class of 2012) - Karate
Ronnie Baker (Class of 2016) - Track & Field

Extremely fast man Baker will likely have more than one chance to medal as he qualified individually for the 100m making him a good candidate for a spot on the 4x100 relay team.

More about all the 2021 TCU Olympians HERE.

thanks for posting this!!!

LVH

They have made it really hard to care about this year's Olympics. I usually really enjoy the Olympics but this year I just don't give a damn thanks to the COVID fear merchants

Chongo94

Just watched an American girl lift 195 pounds in a weightlifting event, which would have tied her American record. In any gym around the world it would be considered a lift by any rational person there.

Naturally, the Olympic judges, who have most likely never competed in said event, said it wasn’t a lift and wouldn’t count. Unreal.