• The KillerFrogs

Olympics Thread

Chongo94

does anyone know if stanley kubrick is directing nbc's olympic coverage?

there is no continuity in the events, there is no way to know exactly what day something took place based upon the coverage, the shots bounce all over the place, and then we get all these side stories that get repeated again and again

The absolute worst and it’s been like this the last 3-4 Olympics. It wasn’t so bad at Rio just because the times were better but NBC has always been awful at airing the Olympics when the time difference is a bit large.

Pharm Frog

I’d watch more if Kubrick was directing. Of course, he’s dead but he’d at least be embedding symbolism and double/triple entendres all over the place. Would like to see his treatment of the Aussie rugby and soccer teams’ behavior ala A Clockwork Orange and I expect he’d have a Fidelio segment or two from the quarantined Olympic Village. Could see him doing a bit more with the shooting sports like Full Metal Jacket.

LisaLT

I’m ready for this to be over now. Not the greatest Olympics coverage and competition by a long shot. Other than a few specific athletes or races/sports I like, not very exciting.

And I really do like watching the Olympics. some great great sports memories I have are from the Olympics.

Bob Sugar

I’m ready for this to be over now. Not the greatest Olympics coverage and competition by a long shot. Other than a few specific athletes or races/sports I like, not very exciting.

And I really do like watching the Olympics. some great great sports memories I have are from the Olympics.
Winter Olympics in about 6 months!!

Moose Stuff

As I’ve gotten older I’ve found that I require more from my athletes/Olympians than playing for the right team or being from the right country. If they aren’t also likable I’ve found that I really don’t give a scheiss….. and I increasingly don’t give a scheiss.

Bob Sugar

As I’ve gotten older I’ve found that I require more from my athletes/Olympians than playing for the right team or being from the right country. If they aren’t also likable I’ve found that I really don’t give a scheiss….. and I increasingly don’t give a scheiss.
Yeah. I root for likable people. The high jump final duo was great. The Brazilian female gymnast was fun to root for. Suni Lee stepping up. Love Allyson Felix in her 5th Olympics. Katie Ledecky is awesome but Titmus and her coach were a treat.

TooColdU

I’ve been watching on channels called Astro. It’s been great. No commercials and they don’t try to feed storylines. Basically just raw coverage of the Olympics and they sometimes skip around to simultaneous events happening in the same arena.

I’m watching the women’s Heptathlon right now. The women are throwing javelins and it’s certainly a sight to see .

Especially the Dutch girl

JogginFrog

TCU alum Sanna Nuutinen has gone -6 over her past 7 holes and is now tied for 6th in women's golf. Still more than half the tournament to go, but she is in medal contention.

Edit: Impressive that she has managed to get to -7 while her playing partners are +6 and +8. Can be hard to keep focus when your group is hitting it all over the yard.

Pharm Frog

Team USA just put up 5 runs in B6 to lead Korea 7-1 in baseball. Korea on its 5th pitcher of the inning. Winner to face Japan for gold medal. Loser to play DR for bronze.

Eight

ryan crouser ends up winning the shot with an or toss, kovacs takes second, and the new zelander is 3rd

crouser's grandfather died the week before ryan left for tokyo and it was in his grandfather's back yard he first learned the shot