• The KillerFrogs

Olympics Thread

Ron Swanson

They have made it really hard to care about this year's Olympics. I usually really enjoy the Olympics but this year I just don't give a damn thanks to the COVID fear merchants
scheiss the Olympics. Might watch some of the soccer. Won’t watch anything else.
I just feel like y’all are letting COVID get into your heads too much. I wish they would’ve let fans go, but I’m not gonna let the decision of some guys in a boardroom take away from it. I watch for the athletes, competitiveness and patriotism, not because I love the Olympic committee’s decision making ability.

Moose Stuff

I just feel like y’all are letting COVID get into your heads too much. I wish they would’ve let fans go, but I’m not gonna let the decision of some guys in a boardroom take away from it. I watch for the athletes, competitiveness and patriotism, not because I love the Olympic committee’s decision making ability.

I was already about 90% out on the Olympics. I don’t care enough about the vast majority of sports involved to have interest in watching them. Throw in the constant political/social justice themes that have become more common over the last decade and I care exponentially less. COVID eliminating any fans was the final nail. If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the last 18 months it’s been that sports without fans isn’t even remotely as captivating.

froginmn

I enjoy the beach volleyball, women's version.

Eight

18 year old from Tunisia just won a gold medal in swimming in the 400 meter freestyle from lane 8. If you’ve never swam competitively before or don’t follow swimming, that almost never happens.

this one race is the perfect reminder of why sport and true competition are so much greater than made up stories

guy wins the first medal in swimming for his country and fifth overall.

Chongo94

I enjoy the beach volleyball, women's version.

Karla Borger of Germany was a nice watch today.

karla-borger-beach-volleyball-2015

6 Former Frogs are participating in the Tokyo Olympic Games.

Representing Team USA are:
Tom Scott (Class of 2012) - Karate
Ronnie Baker (Class of 2016) - Track & Field

Extremely fast man Baker will likely have more than one chance to medal as he qualified individually for the 100m making him a good candidate for a spot on the 4x100 relay team.

More about all the 2021 TCU Olympians HERE.

Whoa! Blast from the past.

Chongo94

When the heck did surfing become an Olympic sport?? Now THIS is ridiculous. And I surf.

All sorts of new ones now. But some apparently are just exhibition sports that they choose for one Olympics and then decide not to include fully for any upcoming Olympics.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
When the heck did surfing become an Olympic sport?? Now THIS is ridiculous. And I surf.

Short or long board? Years ago used to old school it at County Line, Rincon, Poche, Trestles on a 9’6” Harbour and Hobie.

Such a subjective scoring system. I guess not a lot different than gymnastics though.

Bob Sugar

18 year old from Tunisia just won a gold medal in swimming in the 400 meter freestyle from lane 8. If you’ve never swam competitively before or don’t follow swimming, that almost never happens.
Yeah, just watched on DVR. So awesome. Stuff like this is what makes the Olympics great