• The KillerFrogs

Olympic Team Loses Again

Chongo94

44ln1o.gif

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Why do y'all hate America so much?

I root for America because I am an American and a patriot, I guess y'all are anti American traitors.
It's not about hating America. It's because the NBA sucks now. They're all a bunch of over paid crybabies that don't realize how good they've got it.

I loved the Dream Teams of the '92 and '96 Olympics. I had Jordan and Barkley jerseys from the '92 team and Shaq and Penny from the '96 team. And I wore them until the numbers faded off. I wouldn't waste a penny on any off these clowns jerseys now.

Last edited:

Punter1

It's not about hating America. It's because the NBA sucks now. They're all a bunch of over paid crybabies that don't realize how good they've got it.

I loved the Dream Teams of the '92 and '96 Olympics. I had Jordan and Barkley jerseys from the '92 team and Shaq and Penny from the '96 team.

I agree...It's sad I haven't watched 10 mins of playoff basketball or the Finals...used to watch as religiously as MLB or NFL/College Football.

Their BLM/kneeling/Lebron/crybaby crap has totally tuned me off....which I didn't think was possible

I'm not surprised. Not sure what the NBA is now, but it's not basketball. Basically just a dunk contest and a three-point contest with a little bit of dribbling.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The NBA pioneered the "score more points" concept, which caters to "casual viewers" in an attempt to build their ratings. They did this by making changes to the basic aspects of the game like playing defense, thus debasing the game and driving away what was their core fanbase. The casual viewers cared just as little as they did before, and the core viewer quit tuning in. Now what? Go anti-American! Cater to the CCP and trash the land of your birth. You drove away your old fans, trade them in for new ones! That's the ticket!

Of course, the NBA has had so much success at this that the NFL is eagerly following in their footsteps. IMHO, they can both die in a fire.

The NBA pioneered the "score more points" concept, which caters to "casual viewers" in an attempt to build their ratings. They did this by making changes to the basic aspects of the game like playing defense, thus debasing the game and driving away what was their core fanbase. The casual viewers cared just as little as they did before, and the core viewer quit tuning in. Now what? Go anti-American! Cater to the CCP and trash the land of your birth. You drove away your old fans, trade them in for new ones! That's the ticket!

Of course, the NBA has had so much success at this that the NFL is eagerly following in their footsteps. IMHO, they can both die in a fire.

Not sure if this is the case, but I feel like the NBA is super popular overseas. Africa, China, India, etc. So I think they will still be successful even if no Americans watch.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Not sure if this is the case, but I feel like the NBA is super popular overseas. Africa, China, India, etc. So I think they will still be successful even if no Americans watch.
The NBA has been bringing in players from around the globe, and this helps them get viewers in those countries. For example, they made their inroads to China when Yao Ming started with the Rockets, and have done all they can to build their base there.

Building viewership in foreign lands is just fine. MLB did it, the NFL did it (Although the NFL games in England are edited down to 1 hour, instead of the 4 hour commercial-fests we have to deal with). However, when you make it a League Directive that you trash your own country in order to build credit with a totalitarian dictatorship, you have left the path of sanity.

Adam Silver and his woke minions are encouraged to go and live in a Shanghai septic tank for the rest of their days.

The NBA has been bringing in players from around the globe, and this helps them get viewers in those countries. For example, they made their inroads to China when Yao Ming started with the Rockets, and have done all they can to build their base there.

Building viewership in foreign lands is just fine. MLB did it, the NFL did it (Although the NFL games in England are edited down to 1 hour, instead of the 4 hour commercial-fests we have to deal with). However, when you make it a League Directive that you trash your own country in order to build credit with a totalitarian dictatorship, you have left the path of sanity.

Adam Silver and his woke minions are encouraged to go and live in a Shanghai septic tank for the rest of their days.

I totally agree. Lebron exposed himself as a complete China pawn

What Up Toad

I loved the Dream Teams of the '92 and '96 Olympics. I had Jordan and Barkley jerseys from the '92 team and Shaq and Penny from the '96 team. And I wore them until the numbers faded off. I wouldn't waste a penny on any off these clowns jerseys now.

I think they know exactly how good they have it. A lot of them just also see how bad how many of the people in their communities have it.

If they were just making statements and not doing anything else, I could see it as just political theater. But a lot of these players are also helping out their communities in other ways. Lebron James donates millions every year to his education foundation to help poor kids in Akron (regardless of race) get an education and provide scholarships to go to college. Devin Booker has donated millions to non-profits in Arizona that help special needs, the homeless, and Christian ministry. Steph Curry has donated millions to help feed the poor in the Bay area, and has teamed up with Liberty University to provide shoes to people in the Congo.

These athletes aren't just demanding change and then resting on their laurels. You can point out all of the other injustices in the world that they don't care about (and you can point out the hypocrisy in them only caring about issues that have affected them personally), but they are trying to help fix the problems they're pointing out.