• The KillerFrogs

OKState.com: Cowboys Discuss TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://okstate.com/news/2018/11/20/football-cowboys-discuss-tcu.aspx?path=football

Cowboys Discuss TCU

STILLWATER – Select members of the Oklahoma State football team met with members of the media after practice Tuesday to discuss the Cowboys' regular-season finale at TCU this Saturday. A look at some of their comments:

Quarterback Taylor Cornelius
On if the team's mindset changes after securing bowl eligibility:
"We've still got two games left. We have to play TCU first. We're not even thinking about a bowl game right now. We're thinking about finishing off our schedule strong. Nothing different, and just taking it one week at a time."

On the Cowboys overcoming injuries last week:
"With Justice (Hill) going down, and Johnny (Wilson), Shane (Richards) - the list goes on and on - but it's just a next-man-up mentality and last week I think we proved that's what we're all about."

On the offensive line last week:
"All of them did great. Ry (Schneider), especially, coming in to play a top-10 team and we couldn't ask for anything better. They've done tremendous all year, too."

Running Back Chuba Hubbard
On remaining consistent:
"After our loss to Oklahoma, Coach (Gundy) was stressing how we had to keep coming back with the same mentality. In that OU game, we played really well, we practiced really hard, and did the same for West Virginia and did the same this week."

On his confidence boost over the past two weeks:
"It's always about the culture. You have to prepare yourself for these types of situations because you never know what could happen. My redshirt year and this year, I've been working, waiting to see if my name will be called, and when the time came I was ready."

On TCU's defense:
"They have a good defense all around. I think they're ranked first in the Big 12 in just overall defense. I think they are like last year, maybe not the biggest, but they're fast, smart and physical."

Wide Receiver Tylan Wallace
On being a Biletnikoff finalist:
"I was really excited when I heard about it. They called me and said that I was one of the finalists for the award and I just got really excited and called all of my family. I just try to go out there every day at practice and do what I can do for the team. I just try to go out there and do it all so we can win games."

On dealing with TCU's defense:
"If they keep that same defense, I feel like that will be a lot of man coverage, and that will be a lot of help for the wideouts out there. We are just going to go out there and if they change it up we will adjust."

On carrying over the energy from game to game:
"We've just got to come out and practice hard. We are bowl eligible, but we have to come out and practice hard and try to win this game."

Defensive End Jordan Brailford
On practice:
"It's actually been one of the most physical practices we've had all year. We came in really motivated. We know it's going to be a defensive game. We're really locked in and coming after balls this week.

On TCU's speed:
"They do (have good speed). But I think we believe in our speed as well. I think we have a very fast defense. If we stay in attack-mode all night, we should have a good game."

Safety Kenneth Edison-McGruder
On the team's mentality:
"Definitely want to finish strong and end the season with a statement. We are just working hard. It was a great win last week, but we've got to get ready for TCU now."

On last week's victory against West Virginia:
"It was definitely pretty special. The fans were all in. It was senior day and a very emotional day for all the seniors. We came out with a victory and made it even better."

On playing on the road:
"We've just got to go in and play smart, disciplined football and it will give us the best chance for success."

Safety Malcolm Rodriguez
On the defense's second half vs. West Virginia:
"It was a pretty good half. We made our adjustments at halftime and held them to 10 (points). We stepped it up in the second half."

On if securing bowl eligibility changes the team's approach:
"No, you have to go into it just like every week. It's another game this week. Same reps in practice and everything like that."

On playing football during Thanksgiving week:
"I just relax, come out, and practice every day. I have fun on Thanksgiving and then come back out and get right back to it."