• The KillerFrogs

OK, so y’all want a new OC........

Bruce Berry

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this thread? OP poses the question “who would you hire” with a strong implication that there is no good option. I just really like the thought that we as fans should be as knowledgeable as GP or ADJD regarding possible candidates.

Regardless, its therapeutic to consider alternatives at this point.

DeuceBoogieNights

Since some college athletes are about to become pro maybe this would work. I'd suggest that for it to work in reality, we'd need a completely new approach to O line play.

I guess my thought is that it could attract QBs that want to go pro and a pro system can help them to start preparing earlier than others.

Put Max under center. Turn Pro Wells into a TE. Be more balanced which I'm sure gp would like. Hell, I would be good with using a fb alot more.

PO Frog

I guess my thought is that it could attract QBs that want to go pro and a pro system can help them to start preparing earlier than others.

Put Max under center. Turn Pro Wells into a TE. Be more balanced which I'm sure gp would like. Hell, I would be good with using a fb alot more.
It doesn't work for Stanford anymore and they get way better talent to work with on the OL than we ever would. Non-starter for us to run pro-style, IMO. Hell, LSU finally went away from it and look what happened.

Big Frog II

Even the SEC is starting to realize that a high powered offense is the future. They use to like 10-7 or 14-10 games. It doesn't work that way anymore. We have to get with the program.

LeagueCityFrog

Appalachian State OC or the Wake Forest OC that used to be at K-State when they last won the Big XII conference and tutored Collin Klien at quarterback.

My understanding is that over the last couple of years, like five, TCU football has not developed the offensive skill players to an NFL level at all. Josh Doctson and Boykin had already been at TCU before Cumbie rolled in. Name another offensive skill player TCU has turned into a superstar being in our system the last 5 years not named Doctson. Reagor and Jet have hurt themselves and their draft aspirations with how poor the production has been. The way Sewo dances when he gets to the line of scrimmage has probably got himself bounced this coming year from the NFL draft. TCU needs an OC that takes walk ons and turn them into killers on the field. What has happened to the Bart Johnsons and Ryan Christians?

I bet if we had a middle of the road offense that stays on the field, Gary, despite the poor play of the defensive ends the first 8 games, would have had another top 5 defense nationally this year. Again, Gary in Coach P mode is part of the solution and not part of the problem. TCU paid Cumbie $1.2 million to have an elite offense. Instead, we have the worst passing offense in all of Power 5 football....two years in a row. Awful return on investment and he's helped open the door for Baylor and SMU alums talking trash on our beloved Frogs. No more!

PO Frog

Well Sonny Dykes evidently helped Cumbie a ton two years ago after being fired from Cal - so I don’t see how it could hurt at this point
Well they were scoring 38 points a game at Cal when he got fired so their offense knew what it was doing. Arkansas is averaging about 20.

Mean Purple

Appalachian State OC or the Wake Forest OC that used to be at K-State when they last won the Big XII conference and tutored Collin Klien at quarterback.

My understanding is that over the last couple of years, like five, TCU football has not developed the offensive skill players to an NFL level at all. Josh Doctson and Boykin had already been at TCU before Cumbie rolled in. Name another offensive skill player TCU has turned into a superstar being in our system the last 5 years not named Doctson. Reagor and Jet have hurt themselves and their draft aspirations with how poor the production has been. The way Sewo dances when he gets to the line of scrimmage has probably got himself bounced this coming year from the NFL draft. TCU needs an OC that takes walk ons and turn them into killers on the field. What has happened to the Bart Johnsons and Ryan Christians?

I bet if we had a middle of the road offense that stays on the field, Gary, despite the poor play of the defensive ends the first 8 games, would have had another top 5 defense nationally this year. Again, Gary in Coach P mode is part of the solution and not part of the problem. TCU paid Cumbie $1.2 million to have an elite offense. Instead, we have the worst passing offense in all of Power 5 football....two years in a row. Awful return on investment and he's helped open the door for Baylor and SMU alums talking trash on our beloved Frogs. No more!
For that money, we could get a very good OC from other P5 schools.

y2kFrog

It doesn't work for Stanford anymore and they get way better talent to work with on the OL than we ever would. Non-starter for us to run pro-style, IMO. Hell, LSU finally went away from it and look what happened.

We have more OL in the NFL than Stanford does.