• The KillerFrogs

OK, so y’all want a new OC........

Froggish

Morris has to much experience calling plays..We all know that GP isn’t a fan of coaches with previous experience. Surely we have an up incoming GA we can hand the keys to...

Long Time Lurker

Doesn’t matter who we hire if GP won’t let him work unhindered. The problems only came along when he stopped letting Cumbie (and Meach) control the scheme and forced ball-control onto this program.

Take this post and make it a banner on the main page. I don’t know if Cumbie is any good by himself or not...Gary will not let him run the offense how he wants. Many people on here don’t get this.

The whole argument that Cumbie is no good because GP doesn't let him do everything his way, even to the extent it is true, is a red herring. GP may limit pace or such but I can't believe that he is telling Cumbie to ignore what the defense is giving him time and again and run into 8 man fronts and have the QB throw into areas where it is obvious pre-snap the coverage is flowing. I can't believe that GP tells Cumbie to run an unimaginative scheme that does not utilize proper route concepts to gain mismatches and put offensive players in space. I can't imagine that GP is telling him to be so consistent with tendencies that every DC we play is on top of everything we're doing from beginning to end. He is not any good because he's not any good. Period.

Here is a few to start, more can be added:

Zak Hill, OC and QB coach for Boise State

Will Hall - OC and TE coach for Tulane

Jake Moreland - OC/Offensive Line for Western Michigan

Kevin Johns - OC/QBs for University of Memphis

Chad Morris - incredible Texas recruiter. Really good OC. Has game calling experience and head coach experience. However I'm guessing he will be the next UTSA HC unless TCU gives him and his staff some money.

Kalen Deboer Indiana OC...Very talented

Grant Chesnut - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach Kennesaw State

Brad Glen- Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Georgia State - I like this guy... his QBs have been awesome. His starting quarterback has averaged over 2,400 yards passing and more than 600 yards rushing almost every year.

asleep003

Just believe if we had good hands WRs, we are probably 6-3, or possibly 7-2... even with all the penalties/inexperienced QB play/fumbles/ints/inconsistent OL play/etc

wilson912

Here is a few to start, more can be added:

Zak Hill, OC and QB coach for Boise State

Will Hall - OC and TE coach for Tulane

Jake Moreland - OC/Offensive Line for Western Michigan

Kevin Johns - OC/QBs for University of Memphis

Chad Morris - incredible Texas recruiter. Really good OC. Has game calling experience and head coach experience. However I'm guessing he will be the next UTSA HC unless TCU gives him and his staff some money.

Kalen Deboer Indiana OC...Very talented

Grant Chesnut - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach Kennesaw State

Brad Glen- Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Georgia State - I like this guy... his QBs have been awesome. His starting quarterback has averaged over 2,400 yards passing and more than 600 yards rushing almost every year.
Thanks

flyfishingfrog

Take this post and make it a banner on the main page. I don’t know if Cumbie is any good by himself or not...Gary will not let him run the offense how he wants. Many people on here don’t get this.
So GP tells him to not run slants, always throw fades, bubble screens, wild frog, that stupid reverse that literally never works well, run the same running play 3 times in a row?

He is a crappy OC that doesn’t know how to adjust- other than not firing him, I don’t get where you think GP is forcing him to make bad calls

no team in college football is successful running the all out air raid anymore- Cumbie just isn’t good enough to figure how to modify it

y2kFrog

I know we’ve had enough good offenses in the past to know what ever restrictions he has aren’t the reason he’s failing. If he was a true Air Raid guru we would have at least a competent passing game regardless of restrictions.