• The KillerFrogs

OK, here is one positive for SR last Saturday

Limp Lizard

His first 4th quarter comeback win. Yeah, he was not in for the three plays before the FG, but he was the QB for the bulk of that final drive. That is important. Your QB has to have that memory of leading a comeback if you are going to do something.

Some other positives, some negatives, but I don't think that can be overlooked in the big picture.

West Coast Johnny

Yes. A win is a win and to come back when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter... Credit to SR.

There were several good players that deserve shout outs. Jawuan Johnson, Markell Simmons, Taye Barber, all the Cornerbacks and Garrett Wallow come to mind.

Planks

By definition it was not a comeback win. You have to be behind for it to be a comeback win.

It was however, a game winning drive which is still notable.

Casey T

By definition it was not a comeback win. You have to be behind for it to be a comeback win.

It was however, a game winning drive which is still notable.

Think we started out down 0-7 so it was a comeback win. But not a fourth quarter comeback win

FrogLifeYo

So I was pretty critical of SR on Sat but I do have something I was impressed with. There were a few pass plays we strung together I think in the 3rd Q..Where SR got moving around in the pocket and was able to complete some really nice passes. It got me thinking that he’s better moving around and letting WRs come free rather than us making him working through a series of progressions.

I seem to remember a story about Deshaun Watson where early in his career the Clemson coaches gave him permission to scramble after only working through 2 reads..They said it helped the game slow down and allowed him to operate in his strengths..

texas_sicilian

So I was pretty critical of SR on Sat but I do have something I was impressed with. There were a few pass plays we strung together I think in the 3rd Q..Where SR got moving around in the pocket and was able to complete some really nice passes. It got me thinking that he’s better moving around and letting WRs come free rather than us making him working through a series of progressions.

I seem to remember a story about Deshaun Watson where early in his career the Clemson coaches gave him permission to scramble after only working through 2 reads..They said it helped the game slow down and allowed him to operate in his strengths..
That’s interesting, and a smart way to work a new starter into the speed of the game.

Volare

The 3rd and 9 completion to Reagor right before his injury was money! Actually went for about 20 yards. Clutch and got us in range for the winning kick.

Yeah I just watched that play on the replay today as I was rewatching the end of the game. Reagor was the third receiver he looked at in that progression. From where I was seated at the game I saw him look at the first wide left and then I thought he was going to go the second (deep into heavy coverage) but in the replay you can see better when he found Reagor and made a great throw. Great blocking to give him enough time there.