1. The KillerFrogs

Ohio State wants to trademark "THE"

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by CryptoMiner, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Well The Cryptominer says this is BS

2. [​IMG]

Eddie Izzard beat them to it, I think.

Purp, FrogCop19, ATC Frog and 4 others like this.
  3. I would have them say no to "The" as that would not be true. There are other State Universities in Ohio; To provide an alternative, "A" or "An" would be much more in line with the truth.

HG73 likes this.
  4. Will wait to express an opinion until THE Wexahu comments on this.

5. Maybe we could trademark Christian?

6. THE nerve of them. I hope they get denied.

4 Oaks Frog, frog9999 and Chongo94 like this.
  7. I can see trading marking "The Ohio State University", but how do you trademark a simple common word. Makes no sense.I'm going to apply also to protect The AroundWorldFrog.

LisaLT, frog9999 and BABYFACE like this.
  8. Any old timers remember when the orange plague all had orange window stickers that Just said THE UNIVERSITY.

Used to love to irritate them by asking if they were from Tennessee or Syracuse.

9. Liberals would complain.

Ever notice how it’s okay for the Hawaiians to have sacred volcanoes that can’t have telescopes on them and court houses can’t have nativity scenes or Ten Commandments...

FrogAbroad and frog9999 like this.
  10. correct me on this, but aren't the ten commandments linked to the old testament and really more of a jewish thing that a christian thing.

i thought jesus streamlined all that with his answer about the greatest commandment.

11. #11 RollToad, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Heathen

12. Jesus was Jewish too, the point being is the left kind of picks and chooses what is offensive to them.

Salfrog and frog9999 like this.
  13. Ten, more or less.

[​IMG]

Purp, Salfrog, tcudoc and 3 others like this.
  14. "Oi!"

Salfrog likes this.
  15. Great movie.

16. was or is

Salfrog and Paint It Purple like this.
  17. Going from "THE" to the Ten Commandments and Hawaiian volcanos inside the first page. Efficient.

Those aren't really the same thing, are they? Some natives are upset, but there aren't really any issues with church and state there, are there?

Its pretty obvious that the Ten Commandments endorse a Judeo-Christian / Abrahamic faith, Nativity scene a specifically Christian one, so it is inappropriate for the government to endorse that. Want to show them in public and nobody will bat an eye, just don't do it on the public's dime. Doesn't seem all that controversial.

TCUdirtbag, YA, ATC Frog and 4 others like this.
  18. So if I tell someone what I did yesterday, I’d have to say “I went to the* lake”?

*the is a trademark of a state university in Ohio - apparently the* only one

frog9999 and Chongo94 like this.
  19. [​IMG]

YA, FrogCop19 and LisaLT like this.
  20. This reminds me of my prosecutor days when Republic of Texas folks would claim they copyrighted their names and threaten to sue if we said them during trial.

TCUdirtbag, Double V and Chongo94 like this.