1. The KillerFrogs

Ohio State player accusations

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by Dogfrog, Feb 12, 2020.

1. I think we've got a lot of people who have good reasons to have a variety of opinions here. It's an emotional topic from any perspective and we're seeing that here. I think we all agree that we want to see true justice in most or all cases.

Atomic Frawg likes this.
  2. He is pathetic. Had the same attitude a few years ago when I defended Jamies Winston against the clearly false rape allegations from FSU. Somehow doesn’t get the “believe all women” nonsense results in an equal travesty and miscarriage of justice as an unpunished offender. Too simple minded to realize that both outcomes are bad so instead just calls everyone a rape apologist. Don’t waste your time with him. He uses his one anecdotal experience as if it constitutes data.

Francis Xav likes this.
  3. Youre right. The sad fact is, trying to convince someone is damn near impossible. Makes me sad.

That makes me realize just how hard it actually is to ever get to the truth in anything as personal feelings and ego shield any opportunity for personal reflection.

I never once said rape doesn't happen. Only a fool thinks so.

This whole thread was merely an attempt at waking folks up to the possibility that it isnt always the case of women telling the truth. God, what a concept.

4. I was a Sexual Assualt Victim Intervention officer at a USN school. Lots of young people right out of Basic Training...hormones and lack of judgement galore. We decided whether the cases were possibly real, and recommended them to JAG, or not.

Yes, the team I was part of saw many cases of accusations and defense statements. It is extremely hard to figure out what is real and what is put forth for vindictive purposes. We tried, it was almost impossible without physical evidence (Rape Kit, etc.), and we saw a few cases that obviously attempted to harm the accused, not sexual assault. We had penalties for false accusers, but I never saw any levied. We also did training classes for the students.

I lasted a little over a year, then quit - too hard and emotionally draining.

Francis Xav and Atomic Frawg like this.
  5. I could imagine being around both instances is an awful thing for an extended period of time.

6. @Peacefrog

Francis Xav and Peacefrog like this.
  7. Don’t bring me into this.

froginmn likes this.
  8. I’m good to sit this one out.

9. Much needed laugh.