1. The KillerFrogs

Ohio State player accusations

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by Dogfrog, Feb 12, 2020.

1. I am about to say something that may or may not be controversial, but I think the justice system as a whole regarding these cases needs to do a better job at keeping privacy for all involved until more facts are found.

I have empathy for all raped and wrongfully accused. I can imagine it is a nightmare for both. Look back at all cases involving athletes. It seems the majority end up being bogus.

This case reads exactly like the case at Tennessee with aj Johnson and the other guy.

I assume nothing. That is all I will say.

lord_ek0, notyalc and Moose Stuff like this.
  2. Not the players but in state testimony today on the Ohio State scandal:

[​IMG]

3. No doubt.

4. Yeah- kinda is shocking they name the players name without thinking twice

5. #7 Atomic Frawg, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    During my time at TCU a student was accused of rape and had his face plastered on the ST. The facts went something like this: the two of them went back to his dorm room, where he allegedly date-raped her. A week later, the same girl goes back to the same guy's dorm room, and he allegedly does the same thing. A week after that she filed charges for two counts of rape. He was immediately banned from campus, the girl remained anonymous. Charges either never got filed or were dismissed. He ended up transferring to another school, and no one ever knew who she was that wasn't a part of the inner circles of both. That never sat well with me, and, quite frankly, was scary.

6. Let me preface this by saying that there are plenty of true allegations of sexual assault, plenty of accused who don't think they did anything wrong when they really did, as well as pure misunderstandings during sexual encounters.

But from what I've seen working for an attorney, with all the access to case files and detailed evidence - a false accusation of sexual assault is one of the simplest, most frighteningly successful methods for people to be taken down or taken out. Innocence is not presumed in reality when it comes to accusations like that. Even if charges are dropped or someone is found not guilty, it is often waaaay after their entire life has basically fallen apart as a result of the allegation.

7. So true, you are guilty and it is up to you to prove yourself innocent. Not the other way around.

8. Now, if these guys are found guilty, they don't have a gallows high enough or public enough for them.

9. People who are found to have clearly made false accusations of sexual assault should spend a LONG time in jail. I feel like that would do a decent job of ending most false accusations.

10. baylor-folk's heads are exploding across Waco after reading this thread. LOL

Frog Wild and BABYFACE like this.
  11. Bizarrely, even in clear cases of false allegations when the fake-victim admits they were lying, newspapers still protect them by not publishing their names. The double-standard is strong.

Careful guys, white knights will be here shortly to tell you what pigs you are.

Francis Xav likes this.
  12. So the moral to the story, guys, is..."keep it in your pantry."

(Thank you, Lyle Lovett, for this inspiring advice."

13. If the accused did what they are accused of, they should have the ever loving [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] beat out of them.
    That is IF. If they did not do it, that accuser should face serious legal issues.

To your point, however, I have heard of a couple of cases where the accused was falsely accused. The hell they went through and how their lives were basically destroyed is scary. And it seems to happen way more than the general public knows.

Moose made a good point in the thread. What criminal action would one who launches a false allegation face, if any? I guess part of the equation that would be tough to calculate there is if there is a level of proof of innocence, meaning not just winning at court but enough proof that there was no way they accused did it, to mount that level of charge against a false accusation.

14. Not sure what Jordan's defense is. There are lots (LOTS) of accusatory voices, not just one or two, saying he knew all about the allegations of sex abuse and did not report them

15. So I know someone in law enforcement...you know those stats that float around like, “5-8% of allegations are false so who cares” blah blah blah?

Well, I can say this because I have direct knowledge: a lot, and I mean ALOT , of these allegations are bogus, but instead of filing the reports as bogus and charging the women, they just drop it like it never happened.

That does not get counted in those bs statistics.

Society has to stop believing that women are only these angelic innocent creatures.

I am glad many of you agree on here. These cases are Always he said she said.

Heck, even the Baylor players(a few) were exonerated rather quickly. Crazy thing is, the school paid out millions before the trials even took place.

As much as we all hate them, I think Oakman and another guy were just used as scapegoats.

Crazy world we live in.

16. Shame they wont wait until evidence actually comes out..

I fear the day when opposing schools start using these nuclear weapons to suspend opposing players for big games.

17. The criminal action is under 37.08, False Report to a Peace Officer

Unfortunately, not only have I not seen this charged in the clearly not-guilty cases I've seen, but even if it were, it's a class B misdemeanor. That's the same level as shoplifting $101 worth of stuff, or leaving the scene of a minor car accident improperly.

So practically with the current law, people can throw the dice accusing someone of a heinous crime, for which they can serve many years in the penitentiary. If they are not successful they likely won't be charged, and if they are, there is disproportionately little punishment. I would be in favor of raising the level of that in general, or (to avoid overbroadness) specifically if it can be shown that the motivation was to deprive someone else of their freedom.

We defended a case in which a mother coached a child to accuse rape by an ex of mom. Turned out, it wasn't even the first man she tried to do that to. She's still free.

EDIT - perjury could also apply depending on circumstances

Francis Xav likes this.