• The KillerFrogs

Oh my - The American Conference (no longer P6 -lol)

Frozen Frog

If I am SMU I am happy with the additions. On paper it looks like a bunch of bad football teams. It does however put SMU closer to the center of the conference. That means a lot more bus rides than plane trips. For a school that isn't seeing huge tv dollars that is good thing. I also wonder how much longer SMU is going to be in the AAC. I think the AAC made this move with the understanding that SMU and others could be headed to the Big 12. The problem is the Big 12 might look a lot more like the old Big 8 merged with the AAC than the Big 12 looks today. I don't see TCU being in the when SMU is invited.

If I am SMU I am happy with the additions. On paper it looks like a bunch of bad football teams. It does however put SMU closer to the center of the conference. That means a lot more bus rides than plane trips. For a school that isn't seeing huge tv dollars that is good thing. I also wonder how much longer SMU is going to be in the AAC. I think the AAC made this move with the understanding that SMU and others could be headed to the Big 12. The problem is the Big 12 might look a lot more like the old Big 8 merged with the AAC than the Big 12 looks today. I don't see TCU being in the when SMU is invited.

If SMU ever gets to the Big 12 it will be because TCU is in another conference.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
SMU is our rival. I hope they become the “BCS Buster” like the Frogs once were. TCU needs the SMU game to become a big deal again, which it does when they win a couple. Baylor is the conference rival. SMU is the traditional historic rival. They probably end up in the Big 12. It is a great and rich school. I don’t like them, but they are not just going away.

Froglaw

When DeLoss ran the operation, that was indeed the case. This is why CDC went to him, hat in hand, to plead his case. But the opportunity isn't there if Aggie doesn't throw a tantrum and bolt...

In the fullness of time, I would like to find out just how much responsibility ESPN/Disney holds for everything that has been moving and shaking since the "CFB Playoff" came into being. 98 or 99%?

Yep, the ESPN Flying Fickle Finger of Fate has clearly favoured the traditional large fan base schools with which it has television contracts.

Lose to Pitt in Week 3, don't panic Buckeye fans.

Baylor was so worried about TCU in 2014. Briles and his gang of thugs never saw OSU coming down the stretch.

If anyone thought "merit" had something to do with the Selection Committee, then the poor sap need only to look at the final three weeks of the CFP votes that year.

TCU sold out the SMU game, the only sell out of the year including the UT game. Shows what you know. How many do you think will attend the UCF game?If SMU were a conference game TCU could schedule a better opponent than UCF. Guess you also don't know that San Diego St is undefeated and ranked while UCF is dogshit. So you don't really make any sense even when you are going off topic and moving goalposts. Was I right about San Diego State being better than UCF? 100% absolutely I was. Thank you.
Have you not followed realignment,,, oh I don't know say in the last 20 years?? Its not about whose better, its about markets, potential markets, blue bloods, and money. Florida is exploding with growth and UCF isn't a commuter school anymore. They are massive, in a massive growing market.

I'll be there to welcome the frogs to Florida.

PS I'm in favor of scheduling SMU every year- Out of conference.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yep, the ESPN Flying Fickle Finger of Fate has clearly favoured the traditional large fan base schools with which it has television contracts.

Lose to Pitt in Week 3, don't panic Buckeye fans.

Baylor was so worried about TCU in 2014. Briles and his gang of thugs never saw OSU coming down the stretch.

If anyone thought "merit" had something to do with the Selection Committee, then the poor sap need only to look at the final three weeks of the CFP votes that year.
With the current "What will they do with Cincinnati?" debate, I see the possibility that should Cincy go undefeated, they might be included in the CFP simply to shut up the baying masses that point out what a farce the "Committee" actually is. There are a lot of weeks left in the Season, and many things could come to pass, but I believe it would be very, very hard for a legitimate outfit to exclude an undefeated Cincy. Yet, since ESPN controls everything connected with the CFP, they will do what they want and justify it later through their paid parrots.

Wexahu

With the current "What will they do with Cincinnati?" debate, I see the possibility that should Cincy go undefeated, they might be included in the CFP simply to shut up the baying masses that point out what a farce the "Committee" actually is. There are a lot of weeks left in the Season, and many things could come to pass, but I believe it would be very, very hard for a legitimate outfit to exclude an undefeated Cincy. Yet, since ESPN controls everything connected with the CFP, they will do what they want and justify it later through their paid parrots.

Why would they worry about shutting up the masses now?

I'd be willing to bet anyone here just about anything within reason (I am no multi-millionaire) that if Cincy goes undefeated they'll be in the CFP. No takers yet.

I think it will just another case of something people said will never happen, and would never happen (a G5 team making the CFP), happening. Not totally unlike the belief among some that the Big 10 would never be left out of a CFP, which happened two years in a row.

We'll see how it shakes out, but I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Why would they worry about shutting up the masses now?

I'd be willing to bet anyone here just about anything within reason (I am no multi-millionaire) that if Cincy goes undefeated they'll be in the CFP. No takers yet.

I think it will just another case of something people said will never happen, and would never happen (a G5 team making the CFP), happening. Not totally unlike the belief among some that the Big 10 would never be left out of a CFP, which happened two years in a row.

We'll see how it shakes out, but I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.
No one is going to bet on what is essentially an Olympic ice skating panel of judges. The crap they pull isn't based in logic or reason. Skaters that fall on their ass get awarded medals, while good skaters don't get diddley-squat. Unless you're betting former Warsaw Pact, or not former Warsaw Pact, there's no rhyme or reason.

You can trumpet your faith in that ridiculous farce all you want to. The fact remains that we got screwed over in favor of Ohio State based solely on ratings considerations in 2014, and everything since then merely cements that fact. ESPN is evil, pure and simple.

Zubaz

I think it's far more likely now than it's been in past years, so not betting or anything, but just thinking out loud:
Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan are undefeated
Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon, all have one loss. Georgia and Bama presumably are . Michigan and Ohio State will play each other (as will fellow undefeated Michigan State).

The really good thing for Cincinnati is the ACC has collapsed with Clemson suffering two losses. Pitt, Wake, and NC State are at the top of the standings right now but does anyone really think any of them will end up with one loss? I think they are out as a conference.

If everything holds (it's college football, so we know it won't), with Oklahoma staying undefeated they would be in, the SEC champ would be in, the Big Ten champ OR Oregon would be in, and then Cinci would be fighting for that 4th spot vs. whether or not they would be OK getting 1-loss Ohio State in with a potential rematch? But if Michigan wins the Big Ten and Oregon stays with 1 loss, I could see Cinci being left out again.

Zubaz

The fact remains that we got screwed over in favor of Ohio State based solely on ratings considerations in 2014
I mean....yeah this is true. They had better ratings than us in a number of different metrics (SOS, outright conference title, and quality wins, most notably).

Wexahu

I think it's far more likely now than it's been in past years, so not betting or anything, but just thinking out loud:
Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan are undefeated
Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon, all have one loss. Georgia and Bama presumably are . Michigan and Ohio State will play each other (as will fellow undefeated Michigan State).

The really good thing for Cincinnati is the ACC has collapsed with Clemson suffering two losses. Pitt, Wake, and NC State are at the top of the standings right now but does anyone really think any of them will end up with one loss? I think they are out as a conference.

If everything holds (it's college football, so we know it won't), with Oklahoma staying undefeated they would be in, the SEC champ would be in, the Big Ten champ OR Oregon would be in, and then Cinci would be fighting for that 4th spot vs. whether or not they would be OK getting 1-loss Ohio State in with a potential rematch? But if Michigan wins the Big Ten and Oregon stays with 1 loss, I could see Cinci being left out again.
Right. Obviously in every year there are variables, and chips definitely need to fall right for a G5 team to get consideration. And this appears to be one of those years. For them to go undefeated and NOT make it would require many, many things to go just right for everyone else. Could happen, but unlikely.

Not sure I can see Oregon jumping Cincy btw, just don't think they have enough big games left on their schedule. But we will see. Unless Notre Dame tanks the rest of the year, I don't see an undefeated Cincy dropping below #4.

East Coast

Tier 1
If Cincy finishes undefeated, AND Notre Dame wins out to finish 11-1, I think they get in over a 1 loss P5 champion. Every loss by Notre Dame hurts their chances.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
CUSA really is dead. Six leaving for AAC. Two leaving for Sun Belt. The rest will apparently be scavenged by the MAC.