• The KillerFrogs

Oh my - The American Conference (no longer P6 -lol)

hiphopfroggy

Says the guy who thinks Hawaii would have been a good addition.....a commuter school with absolute [ #2020 ] facilities that is not 1,000 miles away from any other Big 12 school, but 3,000 miles away. LOL.
If you would rather watch TCU play UCF than SMU I don't know what to tell you. Have fun I guess?

Wexahu

If you would rather watch TCU play UCF than SMU I don't know what to tell you. Have fun I guess?
It's not all about TCU and besides, we already play SMU (and most fans seem to not like if this board is any indication). Even from a TCU perspective, I don't think playing UCF will be that awful.

Ask Cincinnati, Iowa State or West Virginia fans if they'd rather play UCF or SMU. Don't know what the answer would be, but I know they wouldn't get too excited playing SMU.

hiphopfroggy

It's not all about TCU and besides, we already play SMU (and most fans seem to not like if this board is any indication). Even from a TCU perspective, I don't think playing UCF will be that awful.

Ask Cincinnati, Iowa State or West Virginia fans if they'd rather play UCF or SMU. Don't know what the answer would be, but I know they wouldn't get too excited playing SMU.
Not sure why I would ask Cincinnati, should I ask Houston too? I doubt Iowa St or WVU care very much. And yea it all about TCU now, UT and OU just handed TCU the keys to the conference.

Wexahu

Not sure why I would ask Cincinnati, should I ask Houston too? I doubt Iowa St or WVU care very much. And yea it all about TCU now, UT and OU just handed TCU the keys to the conference.
LOL

It's too bad we didn't invite Hawaii, San Diego State, and Rice. We'd really be riding high!

hiphopfroggy

LOL

It's too bad we didn't invite Hawaii, San Diego State, and Rice. We'd really be riding high!
TCU sold out the SMU game, the only sell out of the year including the UT game. Shows what you know. How many do you think will attend the UCF game?If SMU were a conference game TCU could schedule a better opponent than UCF. Guess you also don't know that San Diego St is undefeated and ranked while UCF is dogshit. So you don't really make any sense even when you are going off topic and moving goalposts. Was I right about San Diego State being better than UCF? 100% absolutely I was. Thank you.

Big Frog II

TCU sold out the SMU game, the only sell out of the year including the UT game. Shows what you know. How many do you think will attend the UCF game?If SMU were a conference game TCU could schedule a better opponent than UCF. Guess you also don't know that San Diego St is undefeated and ranked while UCF is dogshit. So you don't really make any sense even when you are going off topic and moving goalposts. Was I right about San Diego State being better than UCF? 100% absolutely I was. Thank you.
Parent's Weekend for the first time since 2019. So we had 10,000 extra fans because of them.

SMU's athletic future appears to be floundering in uncharted waters. Interest is so profoundly

depressed that fan attendance in their tiny antiquated stadium is virtually nil. Oddly, refusing to

accept their own shortcomings they place much of their
misfortune on TCU. Conveniently

forgetting that TCU has been the only team that has continued to play them annually.

Wexahu

What in the hell are you talking about? UCF draws anywhere from 15-20k more for their games than SMU does. They averaged 25,000 more per home game than SMU in 2018.

Brog

Hiphop, you repeat what I've heard ever since that SMU game, that we "sold out the SMU game." I was there for the game, and it never looked like the stadium was more than three fourths full. I keep wondering what "sold out" really means for schools like ours.

Mean Purple

So much this! However, I think this is a great opportunity for UTSA. Meep Meep!

NF
Yeah, and for the conference it makes smart business sense. Same for the school. CUSA's commish has made some pretty bad bets recently. The idea of the merger as the conference's saving grace was obviously unrealistic.

Mean Purple

I still think Memphis made better sense as one of the 4 to bring in.

Wexahu

Hiphop, you repeat what I've heard ever since that SMU game, that we "sold out the SMU game." I was there for the game, and it never looked like the stadium was more than three fourths full. I keep wondering what "sold out" really means for schools like ours.
2/3. I was there too.

I'd bet everything I own at least 1/3 of the seats were empty. And it wasn't necessarily a bad crowd. Actual attendance isn't anywhere close to what posted attendance is, throughout college football.

mwe2187

How you don’t go grab Coastal Carolina is beyond me. Recent CWS win, exciting FB team right now. Great travel location.

Randomly catching in this thread and this one caught my eye...

Why in the world would CCU want to leave the Sun Belt for a bad AAC? The league has lost its best teams and now its best team is maybe SMU and Memphis? eek...

The Sun Belt is about to add Southern Miss and Marshall and is going to be a much better league. Likely the best G5 after all of this.