• The KillerFrogs

Oh my - The American Conference (no longer P6 -lol)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
NOTHING gets done in the Big 12 w/o UT's ok!(Up until now at least).
When DeLoss ran the operation, that was indeed the case. This is why CDC went to him, hat in hand, to plead his case. But the opportunity isn't there if Aggie doesn't throw a tantrum and bolt...

In the fullness of time, I would like to find out just how much responsibility ESPN/Disney holds for everything that has been moving and shaking since the "CFB Playoff" came into being. 98 or 99%?

Zubaz

The domino effect of power-team consolidation always hits the lower conferences hardest. In 2005, it wasn't the Big East that was hurt the most by Virginia Tech, Miami, and BC's departure, it was C-USA that got demolished when they lost Louisville, Cincinnati, USF, and ultimately TCU. In 2012, it wasn't the Big 12 that got hit the worst when they lost teams to the Big 10, SEC, and Pac-12, it was the Big East finally losing P5 status, the remainder of CUSA getting shelled, MWC losing their three marquee teams, the WAC folding, etc.

Same thing was always going to happen here. Big 12 isn't as good as it was with Texas and Oklahoma, but they're not dead the way CUSA and The American are.

Planks

Yet Gary will keep playing them and making their Season each time they beat TCU.

I think I’d be ok never playing SMU again. It would be nice to get some revenge on the field, but letting them fall to complete irrelevance with the loss of every notable opponent off their schedule would be the thing that would hurt SMU the most.

They can keep the skillet, give it a permanent place in their trophy case. They can make it part of their lore and tell their grandchildren stories of the time they beat TCU two years in a row. They can whine and say we are scared to play them, which will be true. It won’t matter. No one outside of SMU will care at all. The match up has never helped TCU over the last 20 years, it’s only hurt us and helped SMU.

University of North Texas can be their new super bowl.

Zubaz

Big 12 needs to drop UCF and bring SMU. SMU needs to be a part of big time football, UCF does not.
Counterpoint:

iu

hiphopfroggy

Of course I'm serious. SMU has multiple Championships, a Heisman and a long SWC history. UCF is a directional commuter school with no history 1000+ miles from all other Big 12 schools. They started playing D1 in 1996! Think about that for a second. The entire SWC history had already occurred and been dissolved before UCF even played a single D1 football game.They have absolutely zero college football history while SMU is an OG that helped build the sport into what it is today. UCF belongs in a conference with USF and they both suck ass. UCF is the [ Finebaum ] addition to the Big 12 that is going to cause the entire house of cards to fold. Replace UCF with SMU and the new Big 12 would absolutely be legit. As is with the joke UCF TCU needs to [ get out of here ] asap cause everyone else is going to be looking to do the same. If you don't have a long major conference history and aren't ND or BYU then you don't belong.

Wexahu

Of course I'm serious. SMU has multiple Championships, a Heisman and a long SWC history. UCF is a directional commuter school with no history 1000+ miles from all other Big 12 schools. They started playing D1 in 1996! Think about that for a second. The entire SWC history had already occurred and been dissolved before UCF even played a single D1 football game.They have absolutely zero college football history while SMU is an OG that helped build the sport into what it is today. UCF belongs in a conference with USF and they both suck ass. UCF is the [ #2020 ] addition to the Big 12 that is going to cause the entire house of cards to fold. Replace UCF with SMU and the new Big 12 would absolutely be legit. As is with the joke UCF TCU needs to [ get out of here ] asap cause everyone else is going to be looking to do the same. If you don't have a long major conference history and aren't ND or BYU then you don't belong.
If only our politicians held such conservative views. I took you as a progressive.