• The KillerFrogs

Offseason Cord Cutting: YouTube TV or Hulu TV?

Frog-in-law1995

I'm married but she likes the ID channel and watching stories about serial killers...

Should I be worried?

giphy.gif

Mine too. She binged mindhunters over a weekend.

Moose Stuff

So I just signed up for the 21 day YouTube TV free trial. Yeah I’m WAY in. Satellite contract is up in Jan and that will be the end for me. Had a little issue with the internet signal not being strong enough for the Roku to work in every room. Only worked in the one room that was close to the router so I went with Roku in that room and will probably just buy a new TV (which we need anyway) for the other room. Thanks for the advice/help, MASSIVE improvement and will save me like $100 a month.

Eight

So I just signed up for the 21 day YouTube TV free trial. Yeah I’m WAY in. Satellite contract is up in Jan and that will be the end for me. Had a little issue with the internet signal not being strong enough for the Roku to work in every room. Only worked in the one room that was close to the router so I went with Roku in that room and will probably just buy a new TV (which we need anyway) for the other room. Thanks for the advice/help, MASSIVE improvement and will save me like $100 a month.

i would have thought your commission from jeremy would have easily covered your monthly satellite bill

flyfishingfrog

Try adding a mesh wifi (not a replicator or booster that often divide up your bandwidth) - something like the Orbi or Google wifi to solve your weak/dead spot in your house issue.

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbk50....MIsJWIz66h5gIVl_hkCh33JQCzEAAYASAAEgLWMfD_BwE

Moose Stuff

Eight

Internet has always been fine in that room so not sure why it’s an issue with the Roku. I considered the Orbi but for that price I’d rather just spend a bit more and get a new TV.

my experience with roku in one bedroom has been spotty at times, but also remember that there are things in your house that can block the signal.

example for us is in the one bedroom that gets spotty connection is behind the chimney in our house and the insulation that they wrap the chimney will block the wifi signal.

never has been an issue with a laptop in that room, but there is roughly a second or more delay if we have that television in the bedroom and the television in our main room tuned to the same channel

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Is anyone having any issues with their YouTube TV on their Firestick? On just one of my Firesticks, the audio works but the video freezes on whatever was on when you turned to that channel.
Depends on the age and version of your FireStick. I’ve found the original FireTV and new Cube to be superior to the old sticks.

jack the frog

I had hoped to be done with TV decisions forever but alas no. Does anyone know the story regarding Sinclair and the FOX Sports regional affiliates? YouTube had told me in March that the major metropolitan areas were unaffected with the compromise and it was business as usual however the boondocks like Midland Odessa were left out of some Fox regional content and I could expect to miss some Big 12 games.
Currently I show all the usual other sports channel lineups, plus FS1, FS2 and a channel called FOX College Sports for an extra sports package charge. Ya'll big city folks seeing more options? It may be the same channels with more content for the cities. My FS channels had garbage programming last night.

EDIT: Hula offers FS1, FS2, PLUS Fox Sports SW and FOX Sports SW II, plus CNBC and ID which is about all I watch for $10.00 less per month. Apparently the Fox Sports SW channels were what I as missing?

Last edited: