• The KillerFrogs

Official Sunday TCU v baylor Baseball GDT

Punter1

No

landestoy bunted

So dumb and frustrating. Get him to 3rd with 1 out...get a EB vs a lefty. Maybe force Baylor to bring infield in.

Playing for a big inning with your 8th spot hitter...smart...

Let's get Howard an easy 2-0 lead is how i would have played that...and most others I would bet...

Pharm Frog

So dumb and frustrating. Get him to 3rd with 1 out...get a EB vs a lefty. Maybe force Baylor to bring infield in.

Let's get Howard an easy 2-0 lead is how i would have played that...and most others I would bet...

Will surprise some and stun some but I would not have had RM bunting. I would have trusted him to pull a ball behind the runner with a lefty on the mound that is not throwing over-powering heat. If the pitcher wanted to stay outside, I'd have taken the walk and possibly bunted with my 9-hole.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Bottom of the 3rd:

Warner homered to center field, RBI (2-1 BBK).
Skoug homered to right field, RBI (1-2 FSB).
Baker flied out to cf (2-1 BKB). (1)
Watson lined out to cf (0-0). (2)
Brown doubled down the rf line (0-1 K).
Landestoy lined out to rf (0-2 KF). (3)

Currently:
Baylor 0
TCU 3

Last edited:

Armadillo

RM appears incapable of straightening up and throwing a routine ball to first base.

Games like yesterday happen in baseball. That how baseball go.

But you're right Pharm, that throw was not a fundamentally strong play. I want to see a crisp game by the Frogs. I am happy that The Slenderman has settled down and is looking good.

Armadillo

I'm going out on a limb here and going to predict that Josh Watson WILL NOT hit his first homer of the season today.

(I'm hoping for bizarro universe theory)

Pharm Frog

Really surprised that CB is pitching for Baylor. Last I saw him, he was getting his wings pulled off by a rather mediocre Connie Mack team. In fact, there's a kid at TCU who is not playing baseball (pre-med student) who hit one an estimated 475' off of him with a wood bat.

flyfishingfrog

Well to be fair Merrill hit a hard ground ball up the middle that the only reason the SS could reach is because he was playing close to the bag to cover Landestoy

If it's a ft right it score Michael easy

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Top of the 4th:

Cunningham,R singled to center field (0-0).
Langeliers flied out to rf (1-0 B). (1)
Esthay grounded out to 3b (0-1 K); Cunningham,R advanced to second. (2)
Menard singled to right center, RBI (0-2 KF); Cunningham,R scored.
Menard advanced to second on a fielding error by 1b, failed pickoff attempt.
Dodson, A. singled to center field, RBI (2-2 BBFFK); Menard scored, unearned.
Wendzel struck out looking (2-2 BSKBK). (3)

Currently:
Baylor 2
TCU 3

Last edited:

Punter1

Will surprise some and stun some but I would not have had RM bunting. I would have trusted him to pull a ball behind the runner with a lefty on the mound that is not throwing over-powering heat. If the pitcher wanted to stay outside, I'd have taken the walk and possibly bunted with my 9-hole.

Why trust a .240 lefty hitter against a lefty?? Just bunt him over...thats at least a 75% guarantee...betting on him to hit a grounder to 2B is way less then 50%.