• The KillerFrogs

Official J. Garrett is Fired/ New Hire Poll

Who do you want as the new Dallas Cowboys coach?

• Matt Rhule

• Lincoln Riley

• Urban Meyer

• Josh McDaniels

• Joe Brady

• Mike McCarthy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Putt4Purple

And yet the value of the franchise is higher than any other in American pro sports. Jerry might be the greatest salesman I’ve ever seen. Why people continue to spend money, and a whole lot of it, on that product is an absolute head scratcher to me.
I have not been to one Cowboys game since they started playing at AT&T.
2 TCU games yes but not one Cowboys game.

I highly doubt Matt Rhule is coaching the cowboys next year. He was really close to being the Jets head coach but he wanted full control of his staff. He wanted to hire and bring in his own guys. No way Jerry allows that. I’m thinking Rhule goes to NYG or Carolina.

Unfortunately, I don't think Rhule leaves for the NFL. I think the Baylor facade and Rhule getting to Briles hype levels he sticks to Baylor for a long time. He never gets criticism the media love him no matter if he is 1-11 or 11-1. He's got them all fooled like Briles had them at (and a lot of media in Texas is Baylor alumni or adopted Baylor fans). Regardless, I dont see Rhule leaving for a long time.

MTfrog5

Unfortunately, I don't think Rhule leaves for the NFL. I think the Baylor facade and Rhule getting to Briles hype levels he sticks to Baylor for a long time. He never gets criticism the media love him no matter if he is 1-11 or 11-1. He's got them all fooled like Briles had them at (and a lot of media in Texas is Baylor alumni or adopted Baylor fans). Regardless, I dont see Rhule leaving for a long time.
He would have left already if they would have gave him control to hire his coaches. Think some are getting caught up in what he says rather than what he’s done. Hell he's already gone from I’m not interested in the NFL to it will have to be a perfect situation since the regular season ended.

Wexahu

Who is he fooling? He’s a very good coach. I think you might be the one that’s fooled.

Purp

I figure OU will just find someone else and continue to be good while Baylor would immediately suck again.
I agree, but I think Rhule may be a candidate for other NFL vacancies too. I don't think it's inconceivable that both are gone to the NFL this year, but the fact Lincoln didn't go after last year makes me think he's much more selective. Perhaps he's smarter than to go to Dallas, though, and work for Jerruh.

Purp

He would have left already if they would have gave him control to hire his coaches. Think some are getting caught up in what he says rather than what he’s done. Hell he's already gone from I’m not interested in the NFL to it will have to be a perfect situation since the regular season ended.
And his recruiting class is trash. I can see him wanting to bail before his reputation sinks.

Wexahu

I agree, but I think Rhule may be a candidate for other NFL vacancies too. I don't think it's inconceivable that both are gone to the NFL this year, but the fact Lincoln didn't go after last year makes me think he's much more selective. Perhaps he's smarter than to go to Dallas, though, and work for Jerruh.

I think Rhule is more suited to the NFL than Riley anyway.

Who is he fooling? He’s a very good coach. I think you might be the one that’s fooled.

Briles was good too. I just don't trust anything that comes from Baylor like you guys do. He ain't leaving Baylor like you guys hope. And my impression of Rhule as a top coach isn't there yet. He has a lot more to prove. He seems like a swell guy though. Tech and TCU beat Baylor but calls made a difference. Lynch is a beast and defense is good but I think that's more of Snow than Rhule. Offense was good because they had an experienced accurate throwing QB and that makes a difference. Schedule also played a role, that OOC schedule was horrendous. So whatever...

Last edited:

Wexahu

Briles was good too. I just don't trust anything that comes from Baylor like you guys do. He ain't leaving Baylor like you guys hope. And I don't yet put Rhule in a top coaching view just yet. He has a lot more to prove. Tech and TCU beat Baylor but calls made a difference. Lynch is a beast and defense is good but I think that's more of Snow than Rhule. Offense was good because they had an experienced QB and that makes a difference. Schedule also played a role, that OOC schedule was horrendous. So whatever...

Briles was a "good" coach for Baylor. He would have been a horrible NFL coach IMO and he wouldn't have been able to hack it at any number of places that wouldn't have let him run wild.. I think Rhule could adapt and be a good coach about anywhere. And I don't really care whether he leaves Baylor or not, I just think odds are he'll move on because coaches that are in demand like he is generally don't stay at a place like Baylor too long.

Your hatred of Baylor seems to be clouding your judgment IMO. Not sure how anyone can look at what Rhule has done and not be pretty impressed. How good is he? I don't know, but he's turned around two programs pretty nicely that were absolutely in the crapper when he took over, that's a lot more skins on the wall than some of these other coaches that seem to be in high demand.