• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Prime BEEF

I'm only 38 (will be 39 in a month) and have found myself doing the same the past couple of years.

The whole dying thing may have something to do with that as well, but I also credit the sports/politics stuff.
39 here. My give a [ Finebaum ] meter for sports isn’t what it once was that’s for sure. However I love the excitement going on right now with the hiring of dykes and staff and recruiting. I hope this is the start of good things in the future

LeagueCityFrog

I read this timeline. Realignment is coming in 2024. Urgency to win and have our athletic house in order is now. Are we joining the Pac-12 with Stanford and USC or not come 2025? ADJD in trouble if not revenue wise vs the others in our state? He inherited a national brand...What excites a fan base more? UCF coming to Amon Carter or USC? I think ADJD is playing 4D chess and will get the Frogs where they need to be by 2025. I enjoyed watching the new football coach being installed this week. Great videos and speech... Recruiting and winning in the Fall solves many problems.

Nick Danger

I read this timeline. Realignment is coming in 2024. Urgency to win and have our athletic house in order is now. Are we joining the Pac-12 with Stanford and USC or not come 2025? ADJD in trouble if not revenue wise vs the others in our state? He inherited a national brand...What excites a fan base more? UCF coming to Amon Carter or USC? I think ADJD is playing 4D chess and will get the Frogs where they need to be by 2025. I enjoyed watching the new football coach being installed this week. Great videos and speech... Recruiting and winning in the Fall solves many problems.

In an attempt to wrangle a PAC-12 invite, TCU has been counting on the new Medical School to help enhance it's educational standing/gravitas. They have been in the process of implementing Phase I, which is becoming fully accredited, and now are working on Phase II, which is having a Graduate Medical Education (GME) Residency Program. All medical school graduates must complete a period of GME, or residency training, to be licensed to practice medicine in the United States.

Apparently Texas Health Resources and the TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine are going to team up to offer a Residency Program here in North Texas, which is a big deal. Residency is where you also see a lot of the coveted research activities.

By July 2022, Texas Health plans to have a total of nearly 50 residents training at GME program sites in Fort Worth, Hurst-Euless-Bedford, and Denton. That annual number is expected to increase to more than 110 by July 2024.

Now, we just need to get football cranked back up!

Palliative Care

I really like the enhanced medical training programs. However, this as a means of attracting PAC 12 invite is not the primary reason the residencies and hopefully even fellowships are being pursued. The medical school has always had a plan to build toward these educational investments.

Will it get the PAC 12 notice? Do we even want to be a member? These are completely debatable questions. But yes we all support building a great medical community in Fort Worth/theMid-cities and being a large part of it.

Nick Danger

I really like the enhanced medical training programs. However, this as a means of attracting PAC 12 invite is not the primary reason the residencies and hopefully even fellowships are being pursued. The medical school has always had a plan to build toward these educational investments.

Will it get the PAC 12 notice? Do we even want to be a member? These are completely debatable questions. But yes we all support building a great medical community in Fort Worth/theMid-cities and being a large part of it.

Oh I agree that the Med school wasn't started in an attempt to win an invite to anywhere! But I like to apply the old chicken noodle soup bromide of "It couldn't hurt!" to building up TCU's reputational portfolio in regards to either conference realignment, or just climbing up the U.S. News & World Report rankings.

I noticed that in GSR's treatise about Patterson's recent travails, he had two references to the TCU athletic department's actions that were taken with future realignment in mind. That just struck me as implying that at least the TCU administration and board (for non-athletic department reasons), if not the Athletic Department as well, found conference realignment still on the table, and a future collaboration/affiliation with the more prestigious PAC-12 as worth pursuing.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

We'd be fools not to keep the Pac-12 in view, and fools not to make that move if possible. There are a lot of ways in which I prefer the new Big XII (I wouldn't be thrilled at the prospect of late night kickoffs, for one). But you've got to associate with the the most stable and prestigious conference available in the modern game. For us that's the Pac or nothing--no one else is coming to call for us. I do think there's a chance that in a couple of years at their next TV rights window, the people at FOX or wherever else tell the Pac admins that their conference is worth X amount more if they have a presence in Texas. We have to stay competitive enough in football not to be a turn-off on the field.

McFroggin

In an attempt to wrangle a PAC-12 invite, TCU has been counting on the new Medical School to help enhance it's educational standing/gravitas. They have been in the process of implementing Phase I, which is becoming fully accredited, and now are working on Phase II, which is having a Graduate Medical Education (GME) Residency Program. All medical school graduates must complete a period of GME, or residency training, to be licensed to practice medicine in the United States.

Apparently Texas Health Resources and the TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine are going to team up to offer a Residency Program here in North Texas, which is a big deal. Residency is where you also see a lot of the coveted research activities.

By July 2022, Texas Health plans to have a total of nearly 50 residents training at GME program sites in Fort Worth, Hurst-Euless-Bedford, and Denton. That annual number is expected to increase to more than 110 by July 2024.

Now, we just need to get football cranked back up!

University of North Texas already has residency programs.

LeagueCityFrog

Pac-12 should take TCU and Houston first for their respective markets of football crazy DFW and H-Town. Then if they felt the need to go to 16 members like the SEC, then take Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. They also add 4 coveted central time zone TV spots and 4 legit athletic programs and legit regional rivals for TV eye balls.

Division I
TCU
UH
Okie State
Tech
Colorado
Utah
Arizona
Arizona State

Division II
USC
UCLA
Cal
Stanford
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
WSU

And done... Fox and CBS broadcast the games with Amazon and Apple TV and maybe YouTube and we have plenty of money rich content to be sold to the western half of the US. TCU atheltics could win multiple championships in this setup and it is WAY more prestigious academically. Sign me up.

Wexahu

Pac-12 should take TCU and Houston first for their respective markets of football crazy DFW and H-Town. Then if they felt the need to go to 16 members like the SEC, then take Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. They also add 4 coveted central time zone TV spots and 4 legit athletic programs and legit regional rivals for TV eye balls.

Division I
TCU
UH
Okie State
Tech
Colorado
Utah
Arizona
Arizona State

Division II
USC
UCLA
Cal
Stanford
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
WSU

And done... Fox and CBS broadcast the games with Amazon and Apple TV and maybe YouTube and we have plenty of money rich content to be sold to the western half of the US. TCU atheltics could win multiple championships in this setup and it is WAY more prestigious academically. Sign me up.
As usual, many of your takes are completely delusional.

LeagueCityFrog

7 division games a year, one cross over division game. That keeps TCU football primarily in the central time zone and sometimes the mountain time zone. Do the SEC trick and only play 8 conference games a year to help insure the minimum 6 wins for a bowl, plus the SMU game, plus a early and late cup cake game and one Power 5 "reach" game.

A future TCU football schedule in the Pac-16 could look like this:

Grambling - Home
SMU - Home
Bye Week
@ North Carolina
Oklahoma State - Home
@ Utah
Arizona - Home
@ Arizona State
Colorado - Home
@ UH - NRG Stadium
Oregon - Home
Tarleton State - Home
@ Texas Tech - Thanksgiving Weekend

7 homes games minimum to sell tickets and make revenue and we are good to go. SEC has been doing this model since FOREVER and they bathe in cash and make bowl games and then suck down post season bowl cash. Pac-16 TCU fans are now going to places away like Boulder and Scottsdale for a fun long weekend and then also going down to convenient Houston to catch a great meal and watch TCU trash UH at NRG like Texas Tech did this year. What I took the time to type up today should be pursued by TCU Athletics and I feel it puts us near the same plateau as some of the new regional SEC West teams in our neighborhood. TCU is where the West begins and we should pursue that western horizon and dominate.

HFrog1999

7 division games a year, one cross over division game. That keeps TCU football primarily in the central time zone and sometimes the mountain time zone. Do the SEC trick and only play 8 conference games a year to help insure the minimum 6 wins for a bowl, plus the SMU game, plus a early and late cup cake game and one Power 5 "reach" game.

A future TCU football schedule in the Pac-16 could look like this:

Grambling - Home
SMU - Home
Bye Week
@ North Carolina
Oklahoma State - Home
@ Utah
Arizona - Home
@ Arizona State
Colorado - Home
@ UH - NRG Stadium
Oregon - Home
Tarleton State - Home
@ Texas Tech - Thanksgiving Weekend

7 homes games minimum to sell tickets and make revenue and we are good to go. SEC has been doing this model since FOREVER and they bathe in cash and make bowl games and that added conference cash. TCU fans are now going to places away like Boulder and Scottsdale for a fun long weekenr and then also going down to convenient Houston to catch a great meal and watch TCU trash UH at NRG like Texas Tech did this year. What I took the time to type up today should be pursued by TCU Athletics and I feel it puts us near the same plateau as some of the new regional SEC West teams in our neighborhood. TCU is where the West begins and we should pursue that western horizon and dominate.

No thanks. I hate the SECs scheduling of a powder puff opponent in November. That just gives us less good home games and screws over the fans who buy season tickets.

HFrog1999

Anyone else not that interested in the PAC-12? If we lose P5 status I guess but I am not sure that will happen.

P5 status didn’t really help us in 2014, so I kind of lost interest since then. The Peach Bowl was great, but TCU was probably the best team in the country that year and it didn’t matter