• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Wexahu

Sorry if continuing to question our leaders as they make terrible decisions is a problem for you- with regard to having just hired a guy who covers up rape so he can win footballs games, I guess maybe we can take the line from Stripes of “convicted, no never convicted”
I think the biggest thing at play here is you have a giant burr in your saddle over our AD for some reason and are pretty much going to take every opportunity to throw him and everything associated with him under the bus as much as possible.

Last edited:

netty2424

Honestly surprised he’s coaching this game. So awkward. ESD is stupid.
A little strange. At the end of the day, this is the game coaches play. He’s still under contract so he’s obligated.

If Lashlee wasn’t already there, SMU would be doing the same thing to another program that TCU is doing to SMU.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I get it man, it’s a controversial hire. Some will be fine with it, some indifferent, and some won’t be ok with it. Can’t please everyone.
It is "controversial" because the man was an integral part of the cover up of rapes!

I honestly don't care how good an S&C coach he may be, the complicity in the cover-up of a series of rapes is appalling, and it ought to make anyone with a conscience sick to their stomach that TCU would consider such a hire based solely on that alone. Flyfishing is absolutely correct on this one: Kazadi is poison. TCU risks a lot in considering him for employment, and they should steer well clear.

netty2424

It is "controversial" because the man was an integral part of the cover up of rapes!

I honestly don't care how good an S&C coach he may be, the complicity in the cover-up of a series of rapes is appalling, and it ought to make anyone with a conscience sick to their stomach that TCU would consider such a hire based solely on that alone. Flyfishing is absolutely correct on this one: Kazadi is poison. TCU risks a lot in considering him for employment, and they should steer well clear.
I’m not defending Kaz. Or telling fff that he’s wrong.

I’m just saying, the decisions been made so what is y’alls plan to change that?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I’m not defending Kaz. Or telling fff that he’s wrong.

I’m just saying, the decisions been made so what is y’alls plan to change that?
Remind the decision makers just what the stakes are, and that hiring such a radioactive person is contrary to the ethos of TCU and will rebound badly upon them in time.

I'd like to think TCU is better than hiring persons like Kazadi. I guess I will find out.

TCURiggs

just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

netty2424

Remind the decision makers just what the stakes are, and that hiring such a radioactive person is contrary to the ethos of TCU and will rebound badly upon them in time.

I'd like to think TCU is better than hiring persons like Kazadi. I guess I will find out.
I think they fully understand what’s at stake here, and have to assume they’ve evaluated the risk/blowback.

Again, not defending Kaz or the decision.

East Coast

Tier 1
I don't. I have yet to see confirmation of his hiring by TCU, as they are holding off on official confirmation until tomorrow or Monday.

TCU is free to do what it feels it needs to do. The people making those decisions, however, should be mindful of the costs involved. I, for one, am not convinced that this person's abilities as a S&C Coach outweigh his possible complicity in a rape ring that was run just 90 miles south of Fort Worth not too terribly long ago.
I 100% concur with this. I don’t care at all about the 2011 incident with the fan though.

TCURiggs

I think they fully understand what’s at stake here, and have to assume they’ve evaluated the risk/blowback.

Again, not defending Kaz or the decision.

This is where I'm at.

Here's who I blame for everything at Baylor: Art Briles. His staff has gone on to coach all around the country, with no issues that I'm aware of. Art was/is a snake who controlled everything that went on in that program.

East Coast

Tier 1
We employed an entire staff for the last 8 years that completely covered up one of our players trying to shoot a teammate. I can only imagine what gets covered up on a daily basis at programs all over the country. I’m not saying that I approve of whatever he was involved in at Baylor or that I hope he rages at fans on weekly basis…. I’m saying I’m not bothered by either of them enough to not hire him if he’s good at his job. The idea that hiring this guy is gonna lead to an unsafe environment for female TCU students is beyond silly to me.
The only difference I can see is that we got rid of the player in this instance. But yeah, we like to think TCU and GP are lily white when we are at best dirty gray, pretty much like every other program.

Also, maybe TCU shouldn’t take the following excerpt from the book, Violated, lightly, as it may attest to foul character, his being, all his own and having nothing to do with being complicit with a superior—a possible “poison” permeating the players/team:

”That parking service officer and two others filed complaints with campus police about repeated harassment from football players and strength coach Kaz Kazadi who the officers said were mocking them or calling them names and being belligerent until police officers arrived to intervene. One officer who asked for a disciplinary report on Kazadi wrote it was his second run-in with the coach, who the officer said that during a previous altercation gave an eye gesture that the officer took to mean “I better watch my back.”” (from GenXFrog post #4030)

Last edited: