• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That and the fact that people’s main complaints about the guy are that he worked at Baylor and yelled at a fan 11 years ago. Oh no. Neither of those things are even remotely a good enough reason to not hire him if the answer to “Is he good at his job?” Is “yes”.
So, being an integral part of quite possibly the most corrupt and disgusting College Football Program in recent memory doesn't give you pause? I mean, history is replete with absolutely repulsive characters who had a certain expertise and were employed for it at the ultimate cost of their depravity. He didn't quit in disgust at what went on down in Waco, he kept on doing his part. According to the passage in the book linked above detailing the rape epidemic, he was personally part of the cover up.

If I were ADJD, I'd have some serious questions for this New Hire. If I were V. Bo, I'd have some serious questions about the optics of hiring someone connected with that episode, and how it would reflect on TCU as an institution.

What price success?

HFrog1999

So, being an integral part of quite possibly the most corrupt and disgusting College Football Program in recent memory doesn't give you pause? I mean, history is replete with absolutely repulsive characters who had a certain expertise and were employed for it at the ultimate cost of their depravity. He didn't quit in disgust at what went on down in Waco, he kept on doing his part. According to the passage in the book linked above detailing the rape epidemic, he was personally part of the cover up.

If I were ADJD, I'd have some serious questions for this New Hire. If I were V. Bo, I'd have some serious questions about the optics of hiring someone connected with that episode, and how it would reflect on TCU as an institution.

What price success?

Plus, he didn’t just “yell at a TCU fan”, he threatened the fan with violence. There’s a big difference between just yelling at someone and making a credible threat to shove a bottle down their throat.

You can’t threaten violence on people, especially when you’re working and representing your employer, no matter how bad your feelings are hurt.

tetonfrog

What price success?
How do u know they have not talked to sonny about it? I bet they did & were ok with the response. If they were not ok with it, he would not have been hired.

BrewingFrog

How do u know they have not talked to sonny about it? I bet they did & were ok with the response. If they were not ok with it, he would not have been hired.
I don't. I have yet to see confirmation of his hiring by TCU, as they are holding off on official confirmation until tomorrow or Monday.

TCU is free to do what it feels it needs to do. The people making those decisions, however, should be mindful of the costs involved. I, for one, am not convinced that this person's abilities as a S&C Coach outweigh his possible complicity in a rape ring that was run just 90 miles south of Fort Worth not too terribly long ago.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

What price success?
That is my concern as well. I am eternally grateful for all the leadership Victor Boschini and the rest of his staff have done at TCU over the years. That said, it concerns me deeply, that the big-money donors did not do a proper due diligence on KK. I think they farmed it out to one of their staff lawyers who quickly found what we already knew – – that there was no conviction for KK and therefore it was a legally safe hire. I completely disagree and as the father of a daughter I would ask that someone within the circle of trust of TCU actually sit down and read the entire book of Violated and then look me in the eye and say, I am OK with this guy coaching players and being around my daughter on the campus of Texas Christian University.

HFrog1999

I don't. I have yet to see confirmation of his hiring by TCU, as they are holding off on official confirmation until tomorrow or Monday.

TCU is free to do what it feels it needs to do. The people making those decisions, however, should be mindful of the costs involved. I, for one, am not convinced that this person's abilities as a S&C Coach outweigh his possible complicity in a rape ring that was run just 90 miles south of Fort Worth not too terribly long ago.

I have a very good friend who’s daughter is attending TCU. I sure as hell don’t want to see the kind of behavior that happened in Waco, happen at TCU.

Moose Stuff

What price success?
We employed an entire staff for the last 8 years that completely covered up one of our players trying to shoot a teammate. I can only imagine what gets covered up on a daily basis at programs all over the country. I’m not saying that I approve of whatever he was involved in at Baylor or that I hope he rages at fans on weekly basis…. I’m saying I’m not bothered by either of them enough to not hire him if he’s good at his job. The idea that hiring this guy is gonna lead to an unsafe environment for female TCU students is beyond silly to me.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators

And was complicit in that rape ring for YEARS.

BrewingFrog

We employed an entire staff for the last 8 years that completely covered up one of our players trying to shoot a teammate. I can only imagine what gets covered up on a daily basis at programs all over the country. I’m not saying that I approve at whatever he was involved in at Baylor or that I hope he rages at fans on weekly basis…. I’m saying I’m not bothered by either of them enough to not hire him if he’s good at his job. The idea that hiring this guy is gonna lead to an unsafe environment for female TCU students is beyond silly to me.
Noted.

CountryFrog

Has he done some things that he probably shouldn't have done? Probably. Was that exchange with the fan in 2010 embarrassing for him? Yes.

I think he still has a right to make a living though. As far as I know, the SMU campus didn't turn into a roid rage rape fest while he was there so I don't know why we'd be worried about that happening at TCU. Consider the man rehabilitated.

Frozen Frog

I don't care that Kaz is a hothead. I care that he has the stink of Warden Art on him.

I don't want any of that stink connected with our Program.

Why is he referred to as Warden? I guess it works if you are comparing him to Warden Norton, but most wardens seem to oppose criminal activity. Wouldn't some organized crime boss title be more appropriate for him?

I have questions as to whether or not a certain S&C coach is good at his job. I think there are a lot of people who have questioned some his methods. Phil Bennett is the only coach I would even considering hiring from that staff. He had a solid reputation prior to his employment at that school. The big problem is that not 1 coach came out and spoke against the scandal while it was happening! Since joining the Big 12 that school has had 3 major scandals all of which have involved prison sentences! The moment someone speaks out they are blackballed. I get you need to support your superior, but it feels like many over the years have been complicit.

Moose Stuff

Has he done some things that he probably shouldn't have done? Probably. Was that exchange with the fan in 2010 embarrassing for him? Yes.

I think he still has a right to make a living though. As far as I know, the SMU campus didn't turn into a roid rage rape fest while he was there so I don't know why we'd be worried about that happening at TCU. Consider the man rehabilitated.
Him and all the other members of that staff that are working at colleges across the country.

HFrog1999

And just to be clear, I’m not telling you that you should love the guy and fully support the hire. Your opinion is as valid as mine. My main observation from the beginning here is that the TCU fan taunting the players was a scheissing idiot and it would have amused me if he got punched.

Of course, it would be hilarious to see. Baylor coach get arrested for punching a TCU Fan who said “Good Job Big 12”

That would be funny

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

82 Frog Fever

I was kind of playing around. I have zero problem with anyone wincing about the kaz hire. I just happen to be fine with it since Sonny, who I think is a solid person, is clearly good with him.
This really is where we are.
Some of the reports linking Kaz to the coverup are troubling, and he‘s at least guilty of not taking some of the reports as seriously as he should have. I’m sure he wanted to believe his players were telling the truth.
I’m hoping Kaz has matured and learned a few things in the last 10 years, but it comes down to believing Sonny is doing his job. Not just winning. I currently have no reason to believe otherwise.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
We employed an entire staff for the last 8 years that completely covered up one of our players trying to shoot a teammate. I can only imagine what gets covered up on a daily basis at programs all over the country. I’m not saying that I approve of whatever he was involved in at Baylor or that I hope he rages at fans on weekly basis…. I’m saying I’m not bothered by either of them enough to not hire him if he’s good at his job. The idea that hiring this guy is gonna lead to an unsafe environment for female TCU students is beyond silly to me.

Whoa, whoa, wait... did I wake up in a different version of the simulation? Was this the most successful cover up in the history of history? Or have I just destroyed my memory over time? Give me a name or a year to remember this...

Mind Reaction GIF

PO Frog

Whoa, whoa, wait... did I wake up in a different version of the simulation? Was this the most successful cover up in the history of history? Or have I just destroyed my memory over time? Give me a name or a year to remember this...

Mind Reaction GIF
Apparently it was. Although fairly well known. Also, TB2 wasn’t exactly the model student even before actually getting caught at the bowl game…and there are many others as well. TCU fans always act like we were on some sort of high horse, but the reality is a little different.

HFrog1999

Apparently it was. Although fairly well known. Also, TB2 wasn’t exactly the model student even before actually getting caught at the bowl game…and there are many others as well. TCU fans always act like we were on some sort of high horse, but the reality is a little different.

Are you saying Boykin tried to shoot someone?