• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Tshirt Fan

Ahem.... Apparently outside of KF.c, the Sonny Dykes hire is not universally praised.
Everyone pumping for Sonny Dykes on KF.c? Wow. Just Wow. Are we a closed echo chamber? You decide.
There's some second guessing with this decision that is going to be with TCU for a loooong time.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Ahem.... Apparently outside of KF.c, the Sonny Dykes hire is not universally praised.
Everyone pumping for Sonny Dykes on KF.c? Wow. Just Wow. Are we a closed echo chamber? You decide.
There's some second guessing with this decision that is going to be with TCU for a loooong time.

Yeah was telling some tech friends about it and they couldn’t believe it, asked if we had just settled or what?

They admitted they weren’t sure about their hire but the majority of the fanbase is fired up at least for McGuire.

Chongo94

Tech wanted Sonny and he said no. They would have viewed him as the savior coming home doing what Kliff couldn’t.
The guys I talked to weren’t too keen on him for whatever the reason but I think you’re right about the majority of the fanbase as a whole.

CountryFrog

Glad you posted this! I was just sitting here thinking "I wonder how Alex Cunningham feels about this hire?"

Planks

Glad you posted this! I was just sitting here thinking "I wonder how Alex Cunningham feels about this hire?"

The TCU horned frog nation Facebook group is probably the best proxy we have for the thoughts of the “average” fans.

There are a few posts in the last day about Sonny being the guy, so there are probably 100+ comments. 99% of the comments are very negative. The average TCU fans are very unhappy with this hire.

With that being said, winning is all that matters. If Sonny wins games at TCU the fans will quickly come around.

Tshirt Fan

Edit: Planks is spot on, first to post.

Nearly every TCU fan in that thread was slamming the Sonny Dykes decision.
The most positive comment was something like...ok, keep our heads up and keep moving forward.... or something like that.
There is going to be a lot of second guessing this Dykes deal.

Showtime Joe 2.0

The TCU horned frog nation Facebook group is probably the best proxy we have for the thoughts of the “average” fans.

There are a few posts in the last day about Sonny being the guy, so there are probably 100+ comments. 99% of the comments are very negative. The average TCU fans are very unhappy with this hire.

With that being said, winning is all that matters. If Sonny wins games at TCU the fans will quickly come around.
Yeah, and most of the posters in that group were ticked off when we fired Patterson too. So, if they're unhappy with hiring Sonny then I'm happy with it.

I don’t know anything about the Facebook group but I will say I was surprised after talking to a good number of people at a couple of different tailgates yesterday at how big of a meh that people who I consider to be more casual fans expressed about the hire. That and they felt very negative about the idea of Deion being considered were what I got. It’s easy to say that maybe they didn’t follow the process as people on here did but we need all the fan support we can get.

Showtime Joe 2.0

Would be a nice situation I imagine. Dykes and his staff (that aren’t committed elsewhere) can start working recruits and GP’s old staff can get the team prepped for the bowl. Maybe I’m wrong, don’t know the rules.
If Kill and his interim staff are somehow able to coach our players to victory over ISU then, sure, let them coach those same players in the bowl game. Give Kill a chance to turn a 3-1 record as our head coach into 4-1. All things considered, the players have responded well to his leadership.

With that being said, we're currently 14.5-point underdogs in Friday's game so this is a hypothetical that's not likely to occur. But I hope it does!

Go Frogs! Beat the Cyclones!

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Yeah, and most of the posters in that group were ticked off when we fired Patterson too. So, if they're unhappy with hiring Sonny then I'm happy with it.
The commentary on that fb page makes this place look like the Groves of Academe.

I understand the point is an attempt the gauge the average fan’s reaction but man the collective football IQ of that group is low