• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Moose Stuff

I hear you, but change is hard Man. Lol
Sure. Any time you hire a new coach, no matter who it is, there’s a real chance you don’t get it right. For every Baylor (who seems to have struck some deal with the devil where they never get a hire wrong) there are multiple UTs who can’t make it work to save their life despite having their pick of pretty much whoever they want.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

What about Dan Mullien? He is a great qb coach and had Florida in a BCS game last year.
I was thinking the same thing. Another idea would be to have Jerry Kill stay on for another year and put ourselves in the position to really cherry pick the perfect candidate. This seems realistic since he’s got a decent track record and has gotten his health issues under better control.

CountryFrog

Sure. Any time you hire a new coach, no matter who it is, there’s a real chance you don’t get it right. For every Baylor (who seems to have struck some deal with the devil where they never get a hire wrong) there are multiple UTs who can’t make it work to save their life despite having their pick of pretty much whoever they want.
Baylor seemingly got 3 in a row right only after getting like 15 in a row wrong.

And I only say seemingly because Arranda is still in the midst of a single successful season. It certainly seems to be a good hire right now but who knows how it will look in 3-5 years. Assuming he's even there past this season.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Dan Mullen would be an awesome hire imo
He would. And his firing isn't that surprising considering how the season has gone, so some legwork has probably been done if this fellow was indeed on the radar.

Mullen would bring instant credibility and energy. He is well versed in SEC craziness, and thus would have no trouble with the NIL considering that it's all legal now. Recruiting would likely kick up given the number of athletes he has seen go on to play in the NFL.

Other than being fired recently after flaming out at Florida, what is the downside here?

the lord of the rings GIF

CountryFrog

I'd be fine with Mullen just as I'm fine with Dykes. Not sure there's a gigantic difference between the two either way. They both have positives and negatives.

But I don't think we have an opening anymore so that's that whether you like it or not.