• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

netty2424

I mean, you can't do this stuff over night, but the fact we dont have what seems like a realistic candidate, much less an actual hire tells me this is a total clown show operation. I can't wait to see how bad our potato AD screws it up. Feels like we're not quite the destination we think we are.
How does TCU not have a “realistic candidate?”

HFrog1999

I am all about revamping the S & C program.

Richard Simmons is the only S&C coach who can save this program!

79f305dc9feb597f9aa94b08b1b34b8b.gif

Semper frog

No and AGAIN I'm not saying he deserves to stay but this most disappointing part of this whole coaching change debacle is how quickly everyone seems to forget that these guys are the reason people around the country know about TCU. We would be a rich North Texas if it wasn't for GP and his staff over the last 20+ years. I do think it's time for a change but to talk about these current coaches, Don Sommer especially, like they aren't the main reason TCU is known by so many and to completely disrespect what they have done for the school and the city of Fort Worth is pathetic. You can blame them for the state of the program now but don't take away from what they did for the program for sooooo long. Again, TCU is only as well known as it is today because of the football program over the last 20+ years. Period.
I agree with you wholeheartedly! People are trashing GP and his coaches and not too long ago were cheering Gary, Gary after every big win. I hope he goes somewhere else in whatever coaching capacity and shows that he is still a great coach.

BABYFACE

No idea. There are gonna continue to be openings though and I sincerely hope that if we don’t have Napier locked up behind the scenes that we make sure we don’t lose Sonny as well.
Think we have reached a point now with all the coaching openings, that you’ve got to lock down your first choice and if that’s Napier, that’s got to be done this week. If you can’t you got a move your to your number two if that is Dykes.

No problem with the coach announcing his departure in a couple of weeks, but that has to be a locked in deal by the end of the week IMO.

Palliative Care

No matter who they hire recruiting will be lackluster this year. The portal my be beneficial toward next year but they will also loose talent there too. The best we can expect next year is to be 6-6.