• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

hiphopfroggy

I haven't seen Sorrells do anything. Has he even played? What makes you think he's a keeper? And Banks looks incredible? Can we tap the brakes there just a wee bit? OSU just ran for over 400 yards against us.
I alluded to Sorrells clearly stating 6, depending on what was happening on him, I guess you missed that. No worries.
Perhaps incredible is a bit of hyperbole but Banks looks good for sure, are you saying he is not good?

Wexahu

I alluded to Sorrells clearly stating 6, depending on what was happening on him, I guess you missed that. No worries.
Perhaps incredible is a bit of hyperbole but he looks good for sure, are you saying he is not good?
I would say I don't know if he is good or not. He made some nice plays in the Baylor game but I didn't notice him doing much against OSU. Some of these guys get some tape and other teams can scout you a bit, and it's a little different deal. We'll see how he does going forward but IMO he is far from a sure thing.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
While agree that nobody is playing like it, Hodges-Tomlinson and Coleman are in fact All-Americans. Mathis is All-Conference. Banks just started getting snaps but looks incredible. That should be a solid defensive core to work with with just those guys. I would also not like to lose Jenkins or Sorrells or Winters. That is 7 guys for sure that TCU should want to hold onto. Perhaps 6 depending on what is happening with Sorrells. I've also been curious to see what the young defensive ends will do in the future but no nothing of how they have been developing.
“Mathis is all-conference”

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

BABYFACE

You really going to act like everyone and their mothers weren't pre season hyping this as one of the most athletically gifted TCU rosters ever?
It is an athletically gifted roster. As far as good FB players, those sometimes are mutually exclusive. If the best athlete doesn’t learn his keys, put the work in, and play with passion, they are not going to be a good FB player on the field. The cliche holds true, “the game rewards those that put the work in, and punishes the ones that don’t.”

To me, this team is broken, and that cannot be fixed this season. In the off season, the new coach will need to find out who wants to be here and who doesn’t.

Last edited:

MadFrog

It is an athletically gifted roster. As far as good FB players, those sometimes are mutually exclusive. If the best athlete doesn’t learn his keys, put the work in, and play with passion, they are not going to be a good FB player on the field. The cliche holds true, “the game rewards those that put the work in, and punishes the one that don’t.”

To me, this team is broken, and that cannot be fixed this season. In the off season, the new coach will need to find out who wants to be here and who doesn’t.
I think many of our players are physically very weak. They get shoved around more than they shove. The lines are a bunch of weaklings. The OSU game really showed this.

Frog Island

While agree that nobody is playing like it, Hodges-Tomlinson and Coleman are in fact All-Americans. Mathis is All-Conference. Banks just started getting snaps but looks incredible. That should be a solid defensive core to work with with just those guys. I would also not like to lose Jenkins or Sorrells or Winters. That is 7 guys for sure that TCU should want to hold onto. Perhaps 6 depending on what is happening with Sorrells. I've also been curious to see what the young defensive ends will do in the future but no nothing of how they have been developing.
I gotta say. Mathis is the worst supposedly good player we have. He’s just underwhelming. For the hype he gets, he has zero impact on games.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Mathis was 2020 2nd team All-Big 12. That is a fact. I stated none of them are currently playing like it.

What is so terrible about your life that you feel the need to lob inaccurate insults at strangers on a message board?

nm idk.

Have fun making a clown of yourself though, pretty sad.
Look man you said Mathis is all conference not me. He was second team LAST year. Your assertion that Banks is playing incredible is also crazy.

I only respond to your dumbest or most inaccurate posts. If you can’t stand the heat, be better.

Last edited:

4th. down

I think many of our players are physically very weak. They get shoved around more than they shove. The lines are a bunch of weaklings. The OSU game really showed this.
Totally agree but our recruiting went as GP wanted.....speed over everything else. He didn't mind trying to rebuild safeties and move them to LB. 205 - 215 LBs cannot stop a power run game for the entire game, just physically outmatched, I don't care what your schemes are. It's like Sugar Ray Robinson (middleweight) against Ali. Sugar Ray knows the game but Ali simply overpowers him. That's us against an OSU, OU, and even Kansas State. Our offensive line is big but they are not muscled up and strong enough to handle a defensive line like OSU or OU. I was looking at some Georgia defensive linemen and they are not only big, but muscled up, 300 lbs DEs compared to our 220-230 lb. ones, etc.

hiphopfroggy

Look man you said Mathis is all conference not me. He was second team LAST year. Your assertion that Banks is playing incredible is also crazy.

I only respond to your dumbest or most inaccurate posts. If you can’t stand the heat, be better.
Lol. All Conference selections have not been made yet this year, so last season's All Conference Players are the most recent All Conference players. Just because you decide to respond doesn't mean your response is not factual incorrect and befitting a fool. If you have a problem with Mathis being all conference take it up with the Big 12 coaches and the Associated Press you buffoon.

SackLunch

“Mathis is all-conference”

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

hiphopfroggy said:
When you say Mathis is all-conference, are you saying that he was last year or that he will be this year? Banks looks incredible? Incredible? Naw bud not even close to good so definitely not incredible. Did you watch Winters in this last game? He was outright horrible but so was the rest of the defense to be fair. When it comes to the development of our DE's/DT's just look at how they have developed our DL over the last 5/6 years and that is what you could of expected but I doubt Sharp or Fitch will be the D-line coaches after this season.

Not sure if you are just trying to be optimistic or what but to say anything good about this defense, especially after this last performance, doesn't say much about what you know about defense and especially the way TCU plays (or used to play).

Froggy Style

Totally agree but our recruiting went as GP wanted.....speed over everything else. He didn't mind trying to rebuild safeties and move them to LB. 205 - 215 LBs cannot stop a power run game for the entire game, just physically outmatched, I don't care what your schemes are. It's like Sugar Ray Robinson (middleweight) against Ali. Sugar Ray knows the game but Ali simply overpowers him. That's us against an OSU, OU, and even Kansas State. Our offensive line is big but they are not muscled up and strong enough to handle a defensive line like OSU or OU. I was looking at some Georgia defensive linemen and they are not only big, but muscled up, 300 lbs DEs compared to our 220-230 lb. ones, etc.

Gary problem is that he tried to keep his 4-2-5, but bring in smaller lbs to cover wrs....but was then left with smaller dudes when people switched back to a running style. Should have learned how to call a 3-2-6, and wouldn’t have had to revamp positions, just sub people out when the situation changed. Hardheaded nature and end of career laziness has created a cluster.

Last edited: