• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Obvious Troll

No to Dykes.
sonny-dykes-tomoty-flores.jpg

FrogCoach84

I can’t imagine thinking Tom Herman would be a good decision at TCU in any capacity.

There are plenty of coaches out there that can do what he can do and more, without the baggage.
That’s why I’m acknowledging the weirdness of my own thought.

Everything points to him being a [ profanity ] of the highest order….but I do think the guy knows offense.

I believe the OC is going to be a very important piece of the puzzle.

Toad Jones

Their just as delusional as we are about Kellen Moore or Matt Campbell.
Now THAT is a bit scary. When the players start weighing - especially someone like ZE, that could be a perceived "I'm gonna transfer out if this doesn't happen" situation.

We have the talent and a hot QB. You beat the No. 12 then No. 10 teams back to back and I think it fuels some conversation.
Lets clear this up...r u suggesting Coach Kill OR r u saying our kids did lay down OR.. very vague statement. It is my understanding Kill would like to return to the retired life (or semi retired life he had before coming to TCU. Believe Kill would like to dabble some just to keep involved but return to coaching, from his mouth, no.
Shouldn’t have one bit of impact on who we hire IMO.

Toad Jones

No to Dykes.
agree 100% on Dykes.
Looking forward to the game this afternoon and look for a even better effort from the team. If the confidence level this afternoon grows, lookout OSU, look out! Too bad this game isn't played in the Carter. I got the feeling last week our fans r close to volcano eruption if we play to our potential today!!1!

There’s only been 1 #1 for the better part of a week. #2 isn’t that far away, but they’ve been focused on Napier while advancing backup options.
Matt Campbell was my #1 but I guess he never came to the table, and of the others mentioned (excluding Petersen), Billy Napier and Tony Elliott were my backups. But I guess Tony Elliott was not of interest, or not interested.
Honestly I think TCU would PREFER a black HC if they had the right candidate, but that guy just isn’t available/interested this cycle.

Billy Napier, a coach’s son, attended college and played quarterback at Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina—a fine city with a metro population of 928k. Furman is an excellent small private school of 2700 undergrads, ranked #46 in USNews National Liberal Arts Colleges (higher entrance SAT/ACT scores than TCU). The Furman Paladins school colors are purple and white. Maybe Napier is fond of private liberal arts colleges like TCU and if he is hired and wins will stick around for a long time, like Gary.

Last edited: