• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

froginmn

I personally won't support Sanders due to his being a man. That goes for the other candidates that have been mentioned too of course. If we aren't progressive enough to hire a female head coach then this program won't get another dime from me.

I'm far too liberal and inclusive to accept yet another man running our football program. It's way past time to include a woman.
Katie George and Erin Andrews are among my top choices. Think of the assistant coaches they could bring in, and recruits would love to play for them!

And they're already comfortable being on the sidelines. Or uncomfortable...

HFrog1999

In the end our opinions mean nothing. Those making the decisions are obviously interviewing candidates. I know of a couple but don’t know which way they are leaning. I just hope they pick someone who can help me leave games feeling like I did last Saturday instead of most of the rest of this season.

I’m going to support whoever is hired.

I really liked Coach P, but understand why it was time to go.

I think we have some really good assistant coaches on the current staff.

Wexahu

I think way too many people on this thread are commenting from a perspective of what college football used to be, versus what it will take to win championships in the future. The game has changed dramatically in the past year alone and TCU is already far behind. First and foremost, college football has always been about the recruits and talent. Can anyone here actually make an argument that Sonny Dykes is going to attract better recruits than Deion freaking Sanders? And what about the upside? Is there anyone here who actually believes Sonny Dykes could win a National Championship at TCU? If you’re just hoping for safe mediocrity with a few 10 win seasons thrown in, then fine. But if we’re trying to reach the top of the mountain, that takes risks. Yes, Deion could flame out. He could leave after a few years. But every single TCU game with him at the helm would be a National event. Every recruit in the country would be at least within our grasp. And the NIL game, combined with our wealthy Alum base would be unstoppable. All I hear are a bunch of scared middle aged men looking for the safe choice on here. I hope the Board of Trustees thinks differently.
Every single game would be a national event? You fanboys need to get a grip.

Deion Sanders is coaching right now, and most anyone but the most rabid of college football fans hardly realize it.

HFrog1999

It’s a sign!!!

tenor.gif

Wexahu

To me it is not about selecting the safe option but rather the coach that will rise up with the time. However, Coach Sanders is still more of an unknown that most all the other names presented. To many of us his past before he became a head coach was rather unsettling. Has he “matured” enough to leave his rather edgy past behind? I really do not know. He needs to show that he has. That would go along way to putting him in the job or not if he cannot.
Up to this point all he’s done is follow his kids around, or his kids have followed him around. It’d at least be nice if he had shown he’s willing to put in 12-14 hour days and live the life of a major college football coach when his kids are no longer in the picture.

That’s only one of many, many red flags. And nobody really knows what it gonna take to be a winner in this new college football, that’s all speculation.

Moose Stuff

I think way too many people on this thread are commenting from a perspective of what college football used to be, versus what it will take to win championships in the future. The game has changed dramatically in the past year alone and TCU is already far behind. First and foremost, college football has always been about the recruits and talent. Can anyone here actually make an argument that Sonny Dykes is going to attract better recruits than Deion freaking Sanders? And what about the upside? Is there anyone here who actually believes Sonny Dykes could win a National Championship at TCU? If you’re just hoping for safe mediocrity with a few 10 win seasons thrown in, then fine. But if we’re trying to reach the top of the mountain, that takes risks. Yes, Deion could flame out. He could leave after a few years. But every single TCU game with him at the helm would be a National event. Every recruit in the country would be at least within our grasp. And the NIL game, combined with our wealthy Alum base would be unstoppable. All I hear are a bunch of scared middle aged men looking for the safe choice on here. I hope the Board of Trustees thinks differently.
Man people vastly overestimate how good Deion would recruit. Don’t get me wrong, he would attract attention and talent to TCU in a way that would be very unique. But consider for one second the task of taking 85 scholarship kids who ALL had the personality types to want to play for Deion and turning that into a consistently cohesive team. Take guys like Daniels and Evans (both of whom advocated for Deion yesterday)…. great players, seem like good kids, you definitely want/need guys like that on your team. But we’ve all seen what comes with that this year and though it’s not really a big deal when it’s a few guys what about when it’s most of your team? Something to think about.

Moose Stuff

I’m old. I won’t be around too much longer. I’m set in my ways. But there’s a little part of me that’s batshit crazy. Bring on Deion. Please.
Someone said it the other day and I thought it was perfect…. I really don’t want to take on the risk of Deion being our head coach but I would love to get a peak into the alternate reality where he was.

Something else I’ll add…. I also do not love the idea of us hiring Dykes and SMU hiring Deion either. That’s not a good enough reason to hire Napier but it’s a nice little bonus.