• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Dana Holgersen is two years younger than Sonny Dykes, has a far better P5 record than Dykes four losing seasons, and after taking over a mess in Houston, Dana in his third year has turned the Cougars to a 6-0 record in the same conference as Dykes’ 3-2 Mustangs, including an Oct. 30th win over Dykes. Are we willing to settle for less than Houston? I poke. Have we called Holgy?

Last edited:

Wexahu

Dana Holgerson is two years younger than Sonny Dykes, has a far better P5 record than Dykes, and after taking over a mess in Houston, Dana in his third year has a 6-0 record in the same conference as Dykes’ 3-2 SMU, including a recent win over Dykes. Are we willing to settle for less than Houston. I poke.
From a W/L standpoint, Holgerson actually did worse than the three previous coaches at WVU, and to date has done worse than the five previous Houston coaches.

So no, it wouldn't seem like a great hire.

FrogCop19

Dana Holgersen is two years younger than Sonny Dykes, has a far better P5 record than Dykes, and after taking over a mess in Houston, Dana in his third year has a 6-0 record in the same conference as Dykes’ 3-2 SMU, including a recent win over Dykes. Are we willing to settle for less than Houston. I poke.
Plus he is drinking buddies with Patterson. And I want to be a drinking buddy with him. And really, isn't that a leading requirement for a coach?

tcufrogprince1

I'm not a fan of Deion getting picked, but...he would bring in some recruits and excitement. The question is, can he coach and control the intangibles?

SwissArmyFrog

Deion at first TCU presser:

"Thank you. First of all, everyone just call me 'Coach Prime'. Secondly, after consulting with legends such as Nick Saban, we'll be changing our color from purple to powder blue."