• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Wexahu

Yea, no on that. My peen is big enough that I don't worry about having a 9k sq ft house. That 37" TV tho.
Almost every family I know spends about 98% of their time at home in rooms that cover about 2,000 sf, maybe a little more if they have a big family. And I think I'm being generous with that number. The rest of the space is basically just for show to let everyone know that they are pretty damn successful.

Dogfrog

Almost every family I know spends about 98% of their time at home in rooms that cover about 2,000 sf, maybe a little more if they have a big family. And I think I'm being generous with that number. The rest of the space is basically just for show to let everyone know that they are pretty damn successful.
With a house full of kids you need the space. Then when the kids are gone you justify it on all the extended family and friends that will be coming over to visit or on holidays. Then when that doesn’t happen you justify it based on what are we gonna do with all our stuff?

Other more realistic justifications are people who work in a profession where they are subject to lawsuits so they need their money in homestead to protect it. Also there are high profile executives whose employer expects it and part of that expectation is entertaining.

Wexahu

For some reason I had Dykes at 54-55. Oops.

I have my concerns about Dykes, but I also think he would be a very solid hire. He won't be Saban, but he is also not a one hit wonder.
I have concerns about every one of these guys supposedly being considered, but age is not my concern with any of them.

I just hope the fan base rallies around whoever is hired, gives them a legitimate chance and doesn’t try and run them out of town after the first ugly game.

MadFrog

I thinkTech realized that there are not any great available head coaches, so they picked a top P5 assistant. I think TCU should change their thinking and also consider an assistant -- maybe LSU, maybe USC, maybe Clemson, maybe Georgia, maybe A&M, maybe Alabama, etc.

I know I am dreaming but I wish there was a way to get Fickell. That would be a home run.