• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Tom Herman? Really? Not sure about that one. He would have to give up the gum chewing/smacking. Tacky.
Washington Nationals Max GIF by MLB
Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU
what about the grille?
tom%20herman%20grill_1451421762909_1365371_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

vicarfrog

I think it would be hilarious if he sent him a proposal that included a completely new staff and named the guys he was bringing in, including a defensive coordinator.

You just never know. This time off might give him time to study and see the new era. If our next coach is a flop, and he came back with a new plan and fresh set of eyes, that could be enticing.

Endless Purple

I've got some disappointing news for you. Whoever we hire won't be coming in to "keep a top level program in place." They will be coming in to make a thoroughly mediocre program better with the hopes of getting back to being a top level program in the not too distant future.
I think you are confused about a top level team and top level program. A program is not just wins and losses. It includes facilities, entire athletic department support, support of president and board, schools focus on athletics, etc... GP affected the growth of much of that but also it all affected his success. See a program..... So sorry if you are disappointed, but you will have to get over it or change schools.

Moose Stuff

I'm tired of only men being considered for these jobs. I'd love to see us hire the top female candidate.

It's scheissing 2021 people! It's time!
How about an ALL female staff? And people think Deion would be an attention grabber. Maybe Sam Ponder as the HC with Laura Rutledge as the OC and Erin Andrews as the DC? I bet Kate Abdo could help the kickers/special teams unit.

Last edited:

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
How about an ALL female staff? And people think Deion would be an attention grabber. Maybe Sam Ponder as the HC with Laura Rutledge as the OC and Erin Andrews as the DC? I bet Kate Abdo could help kickers/special teams unit.
All female coaches with about 2/3 of them hotter than fish grease would be the most TCU thing evaaaar.

Froglaw

i really don’t understand why we would consider sonny dykes other than we would all have a good run of dyke jokes.

I think he is the best choice, hands down.

Can recruit Texas.

Knows the transfer portal.

Solid on offense and defense.

Knows TCU as an institution.

No one else checks all those boxes.

Show me a canindate that can recruit players and bring them to TCU and I'll change my mind.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
So Napier apparently interviewed a couple of days ago. Some think he is holding out hope for the LSU job but I don't see that happening. Hope he is not turning down good jobs thinking he is going to Baton Rouge. If we can't get Kellen Moore then Napier would be a good choice if he wants to come to TCU. I like him over Dykes.