• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

LeagueCityFrog

No thanks. I hate the SECs scheduling of a powder puff opponent in November. That just gives us less good home games and screws over the fans who buy season tickets.
As a season ticket holder, I had just as much fun watching TCU beat La Tech in late November as I did watching them beat KU at home this year. TCU football just winning at home regardless is fun. Hit the horn, then hit those fireworks.

Limey Frog

Unfortunately, I think some people think we are way higher up in the pecking order than we actually are.

Indeed. That's why I was glad the Big XII expanded and everything stayed put for now. If the Pac took just two schools I'm guessing it'd be more likely OSU and Tech. Maybe Kansas or even ISU. If we got the call at all it would be as number 4 of 4--we'd be getting the last seat on the life raft, and I could easily seeing us not getting it all and being utterly screwed forever. That's why we can't afford to keep going 5-7 in football. Going 11-1 might not help us anyway, but we can't afford not to do everything in our power.

CountryFrog

It would be nice to see some consistency across all P5 conferences/schools. Such as 9 conference games, at least 10 P5 games, no non P5 games in November…just my 2 cents.
Totally agree. I don't care what the schedule parameters are really. I just want some consistency among the major conferences.

LeagueCityFrog

If the SEC went to 9 conference games, I would be more than cool with the new Pac-16 going to 9 conference games that would then include 2 cross over division games a season. One home, and one on the road.

froginmn

It would be nice to see some consistency across all P5 conferences/schools. Such as 9 conference games, at least 10 P5 games, no non P5 games in November…just my 2 cents.
Totally get the point, but not sure why people get tweaked about the bodybag games in November. Other conferences can certainly choose to do the same. Historical plan was to play those games early to get ready for conference play, but if that prep no longer helps, the Big 12 could certainly move ours.

fff91

We should only care about remaining P5, and that means we need the new playoff to be expanded and guarantee the now P5 conference champions a spot. If we get that, we are still considered in the club and differentiated from the American, the MAC, etc. Losing the TV money will hurt but the reputational harm of not having an auto-bid is much worse. If we have an auto-bid to the football playoff, then we can either stay or go to the Pac-12. We control more of our destiny.

Indeed. That's why I was glad the Big XII expanded and everything stayed put for now. If the Pac took just two schools I'm guessing it'd be more likely OSU and Tech. Maybe Kansas or even ISU. If we got the call at all it would be as number 4 of 4--we'd be getting the last seat on the life raft, and I could easily seeing us not getting it all and being utterly screwed forever. That's why we can't afford to keep going 5-7 in football. Going 11-1 might not help us anyway, but we can't afford not to do everything in our power.
PAC has no interest in Lubbock, Ames or Stillwater imho.

Putt4Purple

Pac-12 should take TCU and Houston first for their respective markets of football crazy DFW and H-Town. Then if they felt the need to go to 16 members like the SEC, then take Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. They also add 4 coveted central time zone TV spots and 4 legit athletic programs and legit regional rivals for TV eye balls.

Division I
TCU
UH
Okie State
Tech
Colorado
Utah
Arizona
Arizona State

Division II
USC
UCLA
Cal
Stanford
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
WSU

And done... Fox and CBS broadcast the games with Amazon and Apple TV and maybe YouTube and we have plenty of money rich content to be sold to the western half of the US. TCU atheltics could win multiple championships in this setup and it is WAY more prestigious academically. Sign me up.
I get tired of seeing hypotheticals. Show me real viable change and I will read otherwise dream on!

hiphopfroggy

Totally get the point, but not sure why people get tweaked about the bodybag games in November. Other conferences can certainly choose to do the same. Historical plan was to play those games early to get ready for conference play, but if that prep no longer helps, the Big 12 could certainly move ours.
That is just the thing though, TCU doesn't have a 4th OOC game and 2nd fcs game to move to November.

hiphopfroggy

If KU goes to the B1G then ISU makes sense as a 16th B1G member. At that point the Pac starts looking better than the Big 12. Pac would be wise to add OSU TCU TT and BU( I know 'Pac would never add BU' but it is a new age when considering the state of cfb and how successful BU athletics has been in the two revenue sports), those games get good TV ratings. WVU is perfect for the ACC. There is just no way the Pac can stay at 12 if all the other major conferences are at 16. Them having 4 less schools than the SEC makes it impossible to compete evenly as is.

But I'm excited about the new Big 12 and will most likely continue to be so unless there is another departure.

Wexahu

If KU goes to the B1G then ISU makes sense as a 16th B1G member. At that point the Pac starts looking better than the Big 12. Pac would be wise to add OSU TCU TT and BU( I know 'Pac would never add BU' but it is a new age when considering the state of cfb and how successful BU athletics has been in the two revenue sports), those games get good TV ratings. WVU is perfect for the ACC. There is just no way the Pac can stay at 12 if all the other major conferences are at 16. Them having 4 less schools than the SEC makes it impossible to compete evenly as is.

But I'm excited about the new Big 12 and will most likely continue to be so unless there is another departure.
I don't really understand why "bigger" is better. 12 schools seems like enough, no matter what other leagues do.

If the schools were Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Alabama, Texas A&M and Tennessee I think 8 teams would be enough for a very viable league. In fact, it'd probably be the envy of every other league to have to only split that revenue 8 different ways instead of 14 or 16.

Last edited:

HG73

All this conference expansion to 14 and 16 teams is crap. It turns conferences into loose confederations within which teams rarely play one another. I think that UT and OU may be wondering what the hell they've done. And the SEC won't be the better for their presence.
Perfect size is 9 teams. 4 home/4 away conference schedule.