• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Sonny is who he is. A good coach but not a great coach. The fact is, he is the best TCU can do.

Some of you need to adjust your expectations. A great coach was never coming here. Small school, small fan base, conference borderline P5. The Billy Napier’s of the world have no interest in TCU.

We will never compete for a playoff spot with Sonny as coach. But he will get us a lot of 8-4/9-3 seasons, and he will keep us consistently in the top half of the conference, which will be a nice change after the past four seasons.
giphy.gif

LVH

Sonny is who he is. A good coach but not a great coach. The fact is, he is the best TCU can do.

Some of you need to adjust your expectations. A great coach was never coming here. Small school, small fan base, conference borderline P5. The Billy Napier’s of the world have no interest in TCU.

We will never compete for a playoff spot with Sonny as coach. But he will get us a lot of 8-4/9-3 seasons, and he will keep us consistently in the top half of the conference, which will be a nice change after the past four seasons.

8-4 and 9-3 seasons are why so many here wanted to move on from GP.

People wanted him fired after the 2nd OU loss in 2017 because "he will never be able to beat Lincoln"

Planks

People wanted him fired after the 2nd OU loss in 2017 because "he will never be able to beat Lincoln"

2018: 7-6
2019: 5-7
2020: 6-4
2021: 3-5

8-4 will be an improvement. GP would still be coach if he was winning 8 games a year these past few years, regardless of what the fan base our people on this board feel. The actual decision makers wouldn’t have fired GP for 8 wins a year.

As a fan base we need to adjust our expectations and learn to be happy with 8-4. Sonny will keep us winning more games than we lose, and that has to be enough. The Rose Bowl/Peach Bowl type seasons where we look like we could legit contend for a NC and beat anyone given the chance, those seasons aren’t going to happen under Dykes. We have to learn to be ok with that.

The best days of TCU football may be behind us, but I think there are still good days ahead.

Wexahu

Oh I got the sarcasm….I feel exactly the same way.
Well, I guess it’ll just suck then. What do you suggest we do, just wallow in misery?

I just don’t see the point in constantly saying it’s gonna suck, when nobody really knows if it’s gonna suck or not. What does that accomplish?

You say I’m beating a dead horse. What about some of these other guys?

Eight

you hit your head while punching vans?

who here wanted to fire gary for winning 8-9 games a year

he has a freaking losing record in conference over the LAST SIX YEARS and has won around 60% of his game during that time.

AroundWorldFrog

Well, I guess it’ll just suck then. What do you suggest we do, just wallow in misery?

I just don’t see the point in constantly saying it’s gonna suck, when nobody really knows if it’s gonna suck or not. What does that accomplish?

No, I said you were beating a dead horse. Because you are.

Wexahu

Dude, go back and count how many times I've posted here versus you. lol Today is the first time in probably a week.
Ok, maybe not you near as much as others. LVH, hiphop, Chongo, among a few others. How many times do we have to have to hear how terrible SD is? Should we just wallow in misery?

I just don’t get the point of that.

Chongo94

Reading comprehension…
Ok, maybe not you near as much as others. LVH, hiphop, Chongo, among a few others. How many times do we have to have to hear how terrible SD is? Should we just wallow in misery?

I just don’t get the point of that.
Where have I said he is terrible? I’ve just said he’s pretty meh and I’m not excited by it. You aren’t good at reading comprehension and you sure do like big time generalizations often…

Wexahu

It's all conjecture at this point, my man.
That I know. Nobody knows how the heck this all turns out. But people sure are acting like they do know.

You can throw darts at any guys record and come up with something. Dykes team just laid a major [ Finebaum ] today. So did the guy that just signed a $90M contract. And then you have the issue of you’ve got to hire a guy that will actually accept the job. Nonstop bitching and complaining does no good, and not saying you personally are doing that, but others are.

LVH

That I know. Nobody knows how the heck this all turns out. But people sure are acting like they do know.

You can throw darts at any guys record and come up with something. Dykes team just laid a major [ #2020 ] today. So did the guy that just signed a $90M contract. And then you have the issue of you’ve got to hire a guy that will actually accept the job. Nonstop bitching and complaining does no good, and not saying you personally are doing that, but others are.

Michigan State giving Mel Tucker 100 million was the stupidest financial decision of the century by a college sports program. You give that kind of money out after you win a championship of some sort, not when you have the first winning season of your head coaching career that consists of a whopping 1 win over a team with a winning record

Tshirt Fan

You can throw darts at any guys record and come up with something. Dykes team just laid a major [ #2020 ] today. So did the guy that just signed a $90M contract. And then you have the issue of you’ve got to hire a guy that will actually accept the job. Nonstop bitching and complaining does no good, and not saying you personally are doing that, but others are.

You just need to put everyone in every thread on ignore and you'll be fine.