• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Never considered that could be an issue.
I wouldn't either. It's not like he voluntarily retired in a blaze of glory. He was fired. I guess things could look different from afar but, as I see it, a coach that comes in, gives us access to the program, can speak coherently about the team, and performs well enough to give us hope for the future is going to be well received and that includes Sonny Dykes if he can do that.

Pharm Frog

I just have a bad feeling that we won’t have the new coach in place before the early signing period. So we lose most/all of our recruits, fire a legend, and whoever is hired is left scrambling to put a class together. Maybe the transfer portal cures all. Who knows?
1) not worried
2) was gonna happen anyway and it’s not like prior talent evaluation has been decent.
3) fired someone who needed to be fired
4) was gonna happen anyway
5) ask omniscience frog…he knows

RebelFrog

Do you have any theories to Napier’s hesitancy? Is it waiting out for jobs like LSU or Florida, or other factors? I guess I just disagree with the sentiment that TCU should have Dykes jump Napier and hire Dykes early just because we aren’t willing to wait out Napier for 7 more days. We shouldn’t be offended that he’s waiting out for two top 10-15 jobs in the country, one of them being top 3 (LSU)
Take it for what it's worth, but I saw on another non-TCU board I read that Napier and AZ State have a handshake deal that's already done.

Eight

I don’t know about that…far different era with infinitely more player and coach movement. That said…the hero worship combined with historical scar tissue are real internal problems that need to be excised.

issue to me isn't about the players, the facilities, or the resources available to the program

issue to me will be those who are deadset that gary was done wrong, anyone who follows him won't be him, and anything short of winning conference championships from the jump will be viewed as a failure

consider that some here bemoan that if the frogs sign dykes we should get ready for a consistent stream of 7-8 win seasons and yet they seem to ignore gary's last 5 1/2 seasons

RebelFrog

Do you have any theories to Napier’s hesitancy? Is it waiting out for jobs like LSU or Florida, or other factors? I guess I just disagree with the sentiment that TCU should have Dykes jump Napier and hire Dykes early just because we aren’t willing to wait out Napier for 7 more days. We shouldn’t be offended that he’s waiting out for two top 10-15 jobs in the country, one of them being top 3 (LSU)
Take this with a ton of salt and for what's its worth, but I've read the rumor Napier and AZ State have a handshake deal already in place. No warranty as to accuracy, obviously. However, could explain him not showing a ton of interest anywhere.

Pharm Frog

issue to me isn't about the players, the facilities, or the resources available to the program

issue to me will be those who are deadset that gary was done wrong, anyone who follows him won't be him, and anything short of winning conference championships from the jump will be viewed as a failure

consider that some here bemoan that if the frogs sign dykes we should get ready for a consistent stream of 7-8 win seasons and yet they seem to ignore gary's last 5 1/2 seasons

I get it. I don’t care about those people. They couldn’t have been pleased or pacified no matter what.

Eight

I get it. I don’t care about those people. They couldn’t have been pleased or pacified no matter what.

agree and really don't care how much they gripe and claim on the boards, twitter, or from the stands.

they only become an issue if they resist the change that is truly needed in the program and parts of the athletic department. time to burn the fields ahead of planting the next group of crops