• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Eight

Because he knows what it takes to win here, what it takes to build something at a school that doesn't make it easy on head coaches compared to almost every other head coach at power 5 schools. The assistants I don't really care about but the guy running the show, he should definitely have a say. He should get a say because he is by far the most qualified person to make sure the next guy has what it takes to win at TCU, that's WHY Gary gets a say.

Nobody's forgetting the assistants (and it's pretty obvious you have some close ties with some assistants) but the assistants aren't the ones that everyone is talking about in this entire HEAD COACHING discussion.

When it comes to your little tantrum about gay's vision as an educational institution, when's the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a science experiment? This reshaping and new build you are talking about is only happening as fast as it has at TCU bc of the football program and the notoriety that it brought to our small, private school in North Texas. I'll give you a little homework so you can see how the football program is directly responsible for 90 percent of the new builds and progress TCU has made in the last 20 years. Go look up how many applications TCU was averaging each year in 2005 compared to just 4 years later in 2009. Which is around the time TCU and Gary Patterson started to get taken seriously in the college football world. After you do that research then you can argue with me about how much GP did for this university on every level.

Football drives growth. Period.

you aren't very good at this are you

if things were so tough to win then why did gary stay? if gary knows what it takes how do you explain his record over the last 6 seasons?

if gary knows what it takes to win explain the staff he put together, especially on the defensive side of the ball since 2017.

you and others keep talking about how tough things have been for gary at tcu and yet no one gives one solid example.

as far as your science experiment comment you are truly a moron. you want a crowd, go to the offshore trade show in houston or the tech expo in austin.

go to the medical center in houston and pick a direction because you have meccas built to a variety of disciplines in the medical field and milllions come and watch those "experiements" every day.

how many people would line up in florida just to watch a rocket launch that would be visible for a matter of moments?

Frog Island

Good! you so called TCU fans and supporters can bail on your American football team. Give me better choices for season tickets. I was there when the were 0-11. Getting beat 81-14. I’ll always support them no matter so go ahead.
I hate comments like this. You still support a [ Finebaum ] product what gives the proviso of [ Finebaum ] product incentive to change. Such a dumb ass philosophy.

Ron Swanson

I hate comments like this. You still support a [ #2020 ] product what gives the proviso of [ #2020 ] product incentive to change. Such a dumb ass philosophy.
You’re dead on, man… all TCU fans stopping watching/going to games because they didn’t like the hire that the school made would be so great for the program.

How can we get this genius idea out to the masses so that we can take control as a fan base and institute change?

Maybe GSR can expand on this comment from Thursday regarding reasons for not favoring Tony Elliott, if it is not inappropriate to.
Not worth it, we’ve (almost) got one of our top choices in the house… doesn’t pay dividends to do any of that. I’m sure he will be a HC somewhere eventually. Maybe Clemson in a few years?

Moose Stuff

You’re dead on, man… all TCU fans stopping watching/going to games because they didn’t like the hire that the school made would be so great for the program.

How can we get this genius idea out to the masses so that we can take control as a fan base and institute change?
We could have our social media team promote it like they would a purple out or a black out only it would be a “nobody out”. Think it would really create some positive buzz to make up for not hiring Deion if we could pull it off.

Eight

We could have our social media team promote it like they would a purple out or a black out only it would be a “nobody out”. Think it would really create some positive buzz to make up for not hiring Deion if we could pull it off.

hmmmm.... a "nobody out" . think the frogs have been working towards this all year

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Terrible take. He had six top ten finishes in FBS. Won a Rose Bowl. A Peach Bowl. Took us to a Fiesta Bowl. Finished #2 in the 2010 final rankings. All that was in the FBS.

You must be confusing FBS/FCS with P5 and G5.

Yep. Sure did.

That's what happens when you start drinking at halftime to numb the pain. Or perhaps before the half?...

Last edited:

bc puckett

Man our fans are just the worst. SMH at bailing on this program right when they’ve moved into second place on the all time consecutive games without getting shut out list.
Speaking of which was there the weekly insipid text from the empty suit SID? Apologize if I just missed it as I checked out of the game day thread for a while

Wexahu

I said this before but I will say it again, the heck with the recruiting and the portal if it means we just settle for someone to be the next HC. If we have to wait for the right person, I am good with that!
Very good chance the longer you wait, the worse your options. Unless you want a coach that was just fired.

Wexahu

or an assitant who hasn't been talking with anyone right now because they are part of a winning team, but will be free to talk later this year
So not hire a guy until January? I guess, if that’s what it takes. Better make sure you get the guy you want.

kaiser soze

giphy.gif
top 20 gif.