• The KillerFrogs

Offense vs Arkansas

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
Does anyone else think that we are going to run Kenny quite a bit this game? We didn't last week because there was no need but last year vs Arkansas he had good rushing stats. I think that is when our offense flourishes and I'm hoping to see 10-12 rushes from Kenny

f_399

1. Mobile Kenny Hill.
2. Explosive running back in Hicks and his backups.
3. Mismatch creators in Turpin, White and Snell - you know the defense will bite when one of them moves
4. Probably not a strength at the moment but we can also go straight down the field with a few of our taller WR's
5. Maybe we can use a tight end.

There are so many options, they defend 1 and something else opens up. Lets hope our OC's can exploit this and Hill can make the quick decisions.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
1. Mobile Kenny Hill.
2. Explosive running back in Hicks and his backups.
3. Mismatch creators in Turpin, White and Snell - you know the defense will bite when one of them moves
4. Probably not a strength at the moment but we can also go straight down the field with a few of our taller WR's
5. Maybe we can use a tight end.

There are so many options, they defend 1 and something else opens up. Lets hope our OC's can exploit this and Hill can make the quick decisions.

So.. 63-0?

f_399

Pretty sure we used one last week.

Maybe the OC change will make use of every possible option?

They should watch the UCLA game. Their tight end tore up that A&M defense.

Bob Sugar

If they have to have the safeties play zone over the top, then you are going to have a LB somewhere covering Reagor, Turpin, White, etc. Talk about a mismatch.

Double V

If Hicks has more carries and yards rushing than K. Hill, we will win by 7+. If we throw the ball 50 times and run it <20 with the RBs, we lose by 3.

Bob

Comments regarding the tight end are indicative of people who have no idea of the talent of our current tight end.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Comments regarding the tight end are indicative of people who have no idea of the talent of our current tight end.

Or of people that are familiar with the historical use of erstwhile talented tight ends in the TCU offense.

Leap Frog

Anybody know anything about Arky back-up qb? Name is Cole Kelly and he is 6'7"by 270 lbs. Some Hog fans want him over Allen because they say he can lower shoulder and run over linebackers. Don't know if that's true, but Allen is pretty good--that I do know.

MTfrog5

Anybody know anything about Arky back-up qb? Name is Cole Kelly and he is 6'7"by 270 lbs. Some Hog fans want him over Allen because they say he can lower shoulder and run over linebackers. Don't know if that's true, but Allen is pretty good--that I do know.
So a new Belldozer?

gohogs14

He reminds me a little of Ryan Mallett, but he's still really raw. Those wanting him over Allen are dumb. He did truck a DB in mop up duty against Florida A&M though.

One of the main reasons we switched to the 3-4 defense was because QBs killed us on the ground last year and it's supposed to help against the spread. Saturday will be a big test to see if that was a smart move or not.

TX_Krötenechse

Mobile QB and creating mismatches will be key. If we can complete a few deep passes to make them respect it, then that will open up a world of options.

How did FAMU do on the ground? I would have guessed that Arky is better at run defense than pass defense.

Bob

Or of people that are familiar with the historical use of erstwhile talented tight ends in the TCU offense.
No problem with your quote. I was trying to say the same thing. It just offended me that we have talented tight ends already, and in the past, that have devoted their allegiance to a school that does not utilize them.

gohogs14

Mobile QB and creating mismatches will be key. If we can complete a few deep passes to make them respect it, then that will open up a world of options.

How did FAMU do on the ground? I would have guessed that Arky is better at run defense than pass defense.

We had one of the worst rushing defenses in the nation last year. Auburn rushed for 543 yards on us. We were decent against the pass, but not great. But new DC and new scheme this year so a lot of changes.

FAMU only averaged 2.6 yards per carry but that is FAMU lol

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
He reminds me a little of Ryan Mallett, but he's still really raw. Those wanting him over Allen are dumb. He did truck a DB in mop up duty against Florida A&M though.

One of the main reasons we switched to the 3-4 defense was because QBs killed us on the ground last year and it's supposed to help against the spread. Saturday will be a big test to see if that was a smart move or not.

If you want to stop a spread offense, here you go: http://smartfootball.com/uncategori...ersons-tcu-4-2-5-defense#sthash.6RYwOl7h.dpbs

You're welcome.