• The KillerFrogs

NSD 2020

Big Frog II

So we should at least finish third in the conference. I know it does not always work that way but with the talent we are getting we are NOT seeing the results on the field. I really hope that all changes this year.
As Randy Galloway use to say, it's all about the quarterback. That has been our main drawback for the last two years. If we had a decent veteran QB last year, we would have been in the Big 12 championship game. Sadly we had to put everything on a true freshman with a suspect OL.

Mean Purple

I am guessing that we could be even higher, but Coach is targeting his type of players. Of course, Savion is really a 4 star.
No matter. When the produce on the field, goal is met.

Eight

Seems a little slow for NSD. Not much news coming out.

when the majority of prospects signed on or just after the first date you have a handful of the top talents in play on this date.

biggest news in the state i guess is whether texas signs collins and princely and zach evans won't be signing today and most likely not for a bit.

the second date really has become a chance for kids who were overlooked to be found as schools go back and flip rocks to fill out their classes. miller from mount enterprise for the frogs is a perfect example.

friend had a family member who was being recruited by butler and furman got interest from rice and will be owl. if he is up to the challenge they will face on the field the opportunity in the class room is elite.

CountryFrog

So we should at least finish third in the conference. I know it does not always work that way but with the talent we are getting we are NOT seeing the results on the field. I really hope that all changes this year.
Yea it hasn't worked out well for Texas either. Really based on what I see on the field Oklahoma is the only school in the Big 12 that has a real talent edge on us. On the other side of that, though, Kansas is probably the only program that we are significantly ahead of. The 8 schools in between Oklahoma and Kansas seem to be at least somewhat close and that's where coaching and QB play in any given year makes the difference.

And of course some might say that it's ALL coaching that makes the difference due to the impact of coaching on the QB play.

Eight

two big things about recruiting classes is their ratings are not only based upon a number being applied to something that is truly subjective as well as the formulas favor the schools that sign the most players, but i have yet to see a rating system that accurately gauges how well your class fits needs in your roster.

Eight

These class rating also do not factor in the marginal qualifiers that ultimately do not make it to campus.

sdh

exactly, frogs have rolled the dice on some kids who got in and did well, others got in and things didn't pan out, and there are some who never got to campus but were counted in the class for ranking purposes.

consider the 2016 class that for ranking purposes included 3-star ke'shawn somerville who they knew there was a chance he wouldn't get medical clearance after suffering the herniated disc in his neck the first game of his senior season in high school. cam williams a 3-star athlete out of skyline who was iffy academically and didn't qualify, and ryan parker who was a 4-star juco receiver who signed with tcu out high school and didn't make it that time either.

pull those three from the class at the time of signing day and it changes the ranking