• The KillerFrogs

November 17, 1984

Twas there as a 14 year old. TCU oversold the seats and people had duplicate tickets including the seats I was supposed to sit in in the upper deck.

Looking at that photo I've got to say I don't remember TCU's band being larger than Texas band.......ever.

The Texas Band was much bigger, but they were only allotted the number of seats for their band member number. The TCU Band had (and still has) much less dense seating. Like 2X, or more, the number of seats for Band members. That was in the olden days when the host band would provide a drink for the visiting band after the halftime show. Sometimes we would give them grape soda. They would give us orange soda in Austin.

Froginbedford

Twas there as a 14 year old. TCU oversold the seats and people had duplicate tickets including the seats I was supposed to sit in in the upper deck.

Looking at that photo I've got to say I don't remember TCU's band being larger than Texas band.......ever.

UT does not bring its whole band in most years....

Dogfrog

For younger folks this was the first successful season we had following a long, long period of suckage. Everybody super excited, propelled by Wacker enthusiasm. I had graduated and started buying season tickets in 81. Frog fans really amped up.

Brog

I love to remember. (And I've sure got a lot to remember.). BUT, this isn't a memory I enjoy going back to. Thanks anyway

froginmn

ahhh. . . youth
Don't you mean, ahhh......Utes?

sub-buzz-19722-1531759982-1.jpg

PurpleBlood87

Had seats with some buddies who were on the basketball team. Edwin Simmons fumbled and the ball popped right back into his hands and he broke off a long run. Frustrating.

TCU2002

This used to be the only picture of a full Amon Carter Stadium that one could find.

I enrolled in 1998 and did not see the stadium that full until the Tech game in 2006.

YA

I was 13 and never heard of TCU till I was talked into visiting the school in 1989. If I was watching the game, which is doubtful, I would have cheered for ut as I didn't know any better.

Frog-in-law1995

I’m probably in the photo playing football with the other pre-teens behind the south endzone with a plastic cup filled with paper. Although I don’t see my dad’s conversion van in lot 2. Maybe we took the Buick that day.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I was there, snuck in with the band marching like I was some security dude waving the crowds outta the way. 20 days later I was suddenly bald doing a lotta pushups at Lackland.

Anyone here still got their faded HornBusters shirt?

notyalc

If I recall it was the first time we were ranked in forever. That day, with the stands full was a vision of what we could be if we had a winning program. And it all came true.

82Frog

I was there, snuck in with the band marching like I was some security dude waving the crowds outta the way. 20 days later I was suddenly bald doing a lotta pushups at Lackland.

Anyone here still got their faded HornBusters shirt?

I had a sweatshirt

westoverhillbilly

I remember the first touchdown pass to Maness from Sciarafa and it took the refs forever to rule it a touchdown and it kind of took the momentum out of the people sitting in the south end of the east stands.. All the Frogs had to do was win one of the final two games as I recall to win a share of the SWC and go to the highly coveted Cotton Bowl- one of the 5 NY bowls then.. Early the next season, Wacker turned us in without counsel- a very unwise move..