• The KillerFrogs

Not Surprising

82 Frog Fever

headed? college football has been in corruption town for a very, very, very long time

Well yes, but I’m referring to real big money criminal enterprises, not colleges/conferences.
Agents, unions, & young athletes attract dangerous criminals for obvious reasons.

This would mark the demise of amateur participation at the college level. The only difference

between Pro and College would be the size of the pay scales. Many colleges would likely be

unable to compete financially and therefore be forced to eliminate their programs. This
has all

of the earmarks of true sportsmanship being replaced by greed.

jack the frog

I’m starting not to care. I’ve gone from the biggest college football fan to WGAS. When it all implodes everyone is going to get what they deserve.

I remember feeling gut punched when the news broke that Pitt and Syracuse bailed on the Big East and our new conference was DOA. I just cannot find the energy to care much regarding this latest round of trouble. My memories of those BYU, Utah and Boise State games are the best of times for me.

steelfrog

Tier 1
These type of things result in a rising cost to field athletic programs. All the while networks are attempting to pay less for content. At some point there will be schools that just don't want to compete any longer do to the huge bills and headaches.
Yeah, the poor little sisters of the poor athletic programs. Like UT and UO who are willing to pay $76mm to leave the B12, for what be even more $$ in the SEC; and meanwhile, the kids who risk their health and crippling injuries and can't get a decent degree because they are in the freaking sport 40 hours a week, get nothing.

Why do NCAA coaches get paid more than NFL coaches? Because the labor is virtually free in NCAA.

By the way, Dabo's ASSISTANTS make as much as many NFL head coaches.

steelfrog

Tier 1
The gilded Goose is dying in front of your eyes. This marks the demise of College Football as we used to know it. It's gonna shrink like a naked man stepping outside last Valentine's day...

:eek:
ESPN will make certain programs very prominent, NCAA will go away, and the rest will fade into their own self-regulated leagues. Sheeple being what they are will go along with it, allegiances to people's own schools who are not among the chosen few, hastening their demise although the entire university system as currently constructed will be a thing of the past by 2040.

Endless Purple

Almost to the point I will have to reevaluate my tickets in the spring. (Already have them for this fall). I don't pay to support professional leagues of millionaires and billionaires. I don't see myself doing it with "college" sports much longer. I support athletes trying to get an education not just move into professional sports because they might get rich. For now, there are still a few student athletes left to support.

The Crimson Tide sponsored by the University of Alabama vs the Buckeyes sponsored by THE Ohio State University.

bc puckett

This was in the works before COVID and before NIL, not new
I knew it had been tried before, led by a Northwestern player, and was shot down a few years back by the NLRB but now with the NIL money being out in the open I would think it would have a better shot at coming to fruition. Which of course is just one more dagger into CFB as we know (or at least knew) it

netty2424

Waiting for the SEC coaches to start demanding more money now that these big TV deals are being negotiated. No way they're going to sit idle and watch more money pass them by.