• The KillerFrogs

Not even a press conference thread?

4 Oaks Frog

I think we are all just fatigued. We are tired of this virus, these masks, this political campaign, our jobs or lack there of. We are done with [ Finebaum ] that just makes our lives difficult. And because we are tired/done with it, we are realizing how emotionally tiring it is to be so invested in our college football team. We’re tired of investing our time and efforts in something that seems to consistently let us down. We are tired of investing our time and effort and dollars in not only a losing effort, but one that is not even entertaining. We are tired of the same old excuses, and the same old people making them. We are tired of saying, “We’ll get em next year!”
scheiss next year! We are too tired to wait for next year. And when you get tired enough, guess what? You just stop caring.
I LOVE MY FROGS!, but I am tired. My great seats for almost 20 years are gone, and I am never getting them back. I will never abandon the Frogs. I have been a fans for over 50 years, and started attending when I was a teenager. But now, I am just too tired to care that much anymore. Excite me with something and reignite that flame. I’ll be at home watching and waiting...
GO FROGS!
BEAT ou cheaters
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

netty2424

Crazy to think, this team is less than two TD’s away from being 3-0. What a weird season.

Assuming we beat SMU(dodging tomatoes now).

Eight

Crazy to think, this team is less than two TD’s away from being 3-0. What a weird season.

you watched different games if you truly think this team is less than 12 points away from being 3-0

hell, they were down by 9 when they scored on the last play of the game versus iowa state and at what point did you think they could go 90+ yards in roughly a minutes against kstate

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It's weird man. I hadn't really realized how much interest I'd lost until this thread. I mean I'm still gonna watch and it's still a rush when we win and hurts when we lose but my investment just isn't what it used to be and I'm honestly not sure exactly why. I'm thinking the weirdness of the season is a decent part of it but the main part is probably the realization that this staff has morphed from doing more with less to doing less with more.
We've gone from The Scrappy Kid Who Tries Harder to The Gang That Mails It In.

I just can't get excited by what we have been seeing for three years now. Sure, there's some bright spots, but overall there's no direction, no identity, no focus, and no spark. Plague or no Plague, I would have probably started giving away my tickets by now had I kept them. No reason to go, as there is little to expect in terms of growth, innovation, execution, or outcome. OU is going to steamroll the Frogs. Steamroll. Sure, we'll score some points. Sure, we'll make a couple of stops on defense. But we've got nothing consistent that we have displayed so far that forms a basis for our offense, so long, time-eating scoring drives are unlikely. Meanwhile, we get no pressure from the D-line, so Rattler will eventually tire out the good DBs and proceed to pick us apart. Linc has GMFP's number, and I expect he will put on a clinic as he always does.

I'm off to the liquor store. Got a new one in town. I'll go in and do some needed shopping. Tomorrow will be a long day...

Our frustration is seemingly the by-product of a coaching staff that has steadfastly rejected any

plausible form of change, electing instead to remain aligned with a scheme that is awash with

inefficiency and devoid of any real form of enhancement. However, I will be in my customary seats

in Section 233 in 2021....hoping to see some significant changes.

Moose Stuff

you watched different games if you truly think this team is less than 12 points away from being 3-0

hell, they were down by 9 when they scored on the last play of the game versus iowa state and at what point did you think they could go 90+ yards in roughly a minutes against kstate

I'm not sure that changes his point. It's pretty much an undeniable fact.

netty2424

Yah I get it. But this team is literally, 11 points away from being 3-0. I’m not saying were necessarily in a position to win them at the end, but that’s the math. Look it up.

kidkarr

It's weird man. I hadn't really realized how much interest I'd lost until this thread. I mean I'm still gonna watch and it's still a rush when we win and hurts when we lose but my investment just isn't what it used to be and I'm honestly not sure exactly why. I'm thinking the weirdness of the season is a decent part of it but the main part is probably the realization that this staff has morphed from doing more with less to doing less with more.
Scary, but I agree. It seems that GP has to figure out how to “motivate“ these higher rated kids and he has failed at it so far.

Salfrog

Tier 1

...or a yard away from being 0-3, but I get what you're trying to say. Better to look at the positive than the negative. It has just become extremely hard to look at the positive from Gary or this coaching staff anymore.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
4jl5hv.gif

Eight

Scary, but I agree. It seems that GP has to figure out how to “motivate“ these higher rated kids and he has failed at it so far.

don't believe the issue is totally the kids

consider that the kids to some degree change each year with the constant being the defensive staff and key components of the offensive staff

we continue to see not just the same type of mistakes, but in some cases the same issues every season. example on defense most people on this board can name a couple of pass routes that give the frogs fits regardless of the personnel on the field

why is that? an issue of motivation or what they are being taught, asked to do, opponents have seen the scheme enough they know where to attack it, or some of all of these?

offensively we see the same issues that we saw in 2016, 2018, and 2019. some things are better and others don't seem to improve and there is improved play in some groups. so again is that an issue of motivation or scheme, what they are taught, what they are asked to do, or some of all of these?

SuperTFrog

My interest has decreased regarding TCU and all of college football this year. I’m chalking it up to 2020 and hoping I’ll be back next year. We still go to every game and I haven’t missed a minute of action, but it sucks. Losing 5 of our last 7 home games has really sucked. 2014 - 2017 was magical. I miss those days.

I can’t wait for “All I do is win” to be more than just a song that is embarrassing to play at our home games...just like “It’s the 4th quarter, it’s our time”. News flash, it isn’t our time and all we do is lose.

Time to pour another drink!

4th. down

Yep. Honestly my opinion of our coaching staff hasn’t changed with our current 1-2 record. We have performed exactly how I expected... sloppy, unprepared, no identity, guys who suddenly can’t play (DTs), OL that remains at the absolute bottom of all P5 schools, massive defensive breakdowns, and then the cherry on top is the bush league secrecy and misdirection games we play with media and information.

There’s a few bright spots (Meacham when he’s allowed to call plays, Kelly and the WRs) but not much.

You would think after the last 2 years, it would have changed, but it hasn't. Sad, to say the least.

Been with the Frogs a long, long, time but IMO, we are about 3/4 to the end of the present regime. We've seen this type of slide or fall, in college and pro ball. It's undeniable, and come to the point that I could care less if GP gives a presser with more nonsense remarks where you end up thinking........what?