• The KillerFrogs

Not a joke: You can now buy beer at TCU Baseball games

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Like a Port-O Let about every ten feet along the GA sections

I’ll start the betting right now if that happens.
How long until a few “over-served” frat boys get this idea from ‘Murica’s Finest?

“Up next on Sports Center we go to Fort Worth for some extra-curricular entertainment that took place just along the General Admission area....”

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I’ll start the betting right now if that happens.
How long until a few “over-served” frat boys get this idea from ‘Murica’s Finest?

“Up next on Sports Center we go to Fort Worth for some extra-curricular entertainment that took place just along the General Admission area....”

It would be the Dallas Area.

A few thoughts:

- CDC told a donor group a year or so ago that he was, "...personally opposed to the sale of alcohol at University Athletics events." He was also a big fan of the tailgate scene and wanted to protect it.

- The gist of the data (as I heard it) from the recent survey showed that a majority of likely football game attendees were PRO ALCOHOL sales... However, the qualitative data shows that a fairly large number minority were mid-level or higher donors who want to retain their in/out priveledges. I know that at one time they considered allowing in/out ONLY for club seats and lux boxes, and denying for the rest of the attendance... Not sure where that landed.

- I wouldn't assume Donati made this happen specifically, but I would assume the removal of the contrarian's voice helped expedite the wave that was going to hit regardless.

- I understand the University believes we could likely generate at least $1 million in net revenue annually by selling at all sports. Read into that what you will about their desire to move towards this. If I understand it correctly, I think Sodexho will handle the vending/contracting and there will likely be contractual minimums but I may have heard that wrong.

- Opinion: This decision will ultimately be seen by fans just like the +4 decision... Done to make money, but wasn't in the best interest of the fans.

Dogfrog

A few thoughts:

- CDC told a donor group a year or so ago that he was, "...personally opposed to the sale of alcohol at University Athletics events." He was also a big fan of the tailgate scene and wanted to protect it.

- The gist of the data (as I heard it) from the recent survey showed that a majority of likely football game attendees were PRO ALCOHOL sales... However, the qualitative data shows that a fairly large number minority were mid-level or higher donors who want to retain their in/out priveledges. I know that at one time they considered allowing in/out ONLY for club seats and lux boxes, and denying for the rest of the attendance... Not sure where that landed.

- I wouldn't assume Donati made this happen specifically, but I would assume the removal of the contrarian's voice helped expedite the wave that was going to hit regardless.

- I understand the University believes we could likely generate at least $1 million in net revenue annually by selling at all sports. Read into that what you will about their desire to move towards this. If I understand it correctly, I think Sodexho will handle the vending/contracting and there will likely be contractual minimums but I may have heard that wrong.

- Opinion: This decision will ultimately be seen by fans just like the +4 decision... Done to make money, but wasn't in the best interest of the fans.

By mid May it’s usually pretty hot.

That’s how a former work colleague pronounced scotch. and cdc was in favor of the revenue from tailgating aka parking spots

TCUdirtbag

Also, I think it is hilarious they are doing this for the first time against DBU... Hilarious.

Finally: I call [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] on the "pilot program" crap. Serving beer at a baseball game with 2000 people is going to prepare you to do it in front of 45,000 people at AGC? Yea right. This is a CYA move.

I buy the pilot line - it’s both for CYA and for training/pilot for the on-campus vendor (Sodexo), not over-serving, checking IDs, etc.

InstaFrog

Next thing you know they'll be allowing dancing. What's TCU coming to? Won't TCU \think of the children?
tumblr_ojo7khjFnk1vju723o9_r1_250.gif

JugbandFrog

I remember reading a Startelgram story about the 10 most infamous things to happen at a Ranger game. I don’t remember what the infamous event was, but it started with the following line: “On $1.00 beer night...”

hornedfrog86

Also, I think it is hilarious they are doing this for the first time against DBU... Hilarious.

Finally: I call [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] on the "pilot program" crap. Serving beer at a baseball game with 2000 people is going to prepare you to do it in front of 45,000 people at AGC? Yea right. This is a CYA move.
Be sure that the visitors don’t try to sneak off and drink all of our beer away from their friends.