• The KillerFrogs

Not a joke: You can now buy beer at TCU Baseball games

Dman890

I live in Austin and have been to baseball/football/basketball games before and after they started beer sales.

I may be stating the obvious but beer sales at the baseball games brought the most added value to the experience. Great move.

TCUdirtbag

Is this the first time that alcohol has been sold to the general public on the TCU Campus?

Probably depends how you define “general public.” There have been plenty of events with cash bars, but I think it’s the first time the school has sold alcohol to any of-age ticket holder in a sports venue during a TCU athletics event.

SuperBarrFrog

200w.gif

flyfishingfrog

They had to buy a new liquor license this year just for baseball - TABC cracked down on us for using the same license for football stadium and baseball even though they had different addresses

So I would guess paying $300k for a license to sell beer to 4 suites and 5 patios didn’t make sense and they need the extra income

FrogLifeYo

They had to buy a new liquor license this year just for baseball - TABC cracked down on us for using the same license for football stadium and baseball even though they had different addresses

So I would guess paying $300k for a license to sell beer to 4 suites and 5 patios didn’t make sense and they need the extra income

Bingo

LeagueCityFrog

I think TCU should end the in and out policy starting in 2019 if they decide to offer beer. Maybe do a pilot beer offering the last home football game this season to see how things could be. By 2019, there will be plenty of options to get alcohol in the stadium in all the new and current club and suite areas plus the party that is the south endzone complex that also has beverages. As a way to appease the people who pay so much for their tailgate spot add one additional hour of tailgating being open after the game, with the exception of it is a 7pm or later kickoff time. Workers want to go home too.

Deep Purple

By 2019, there will be plenty of options to get alcohol in the stadium in all the new and current club and suite areas plus the party that is the south endzone complex that also has beverages.
Not sure what your point is. "Plenty of options" = options for holders of suites, club seats, or loge seats. And those options exist right now. Nobody has to wait until 2019.

There are currently no alcohol purchase options available for general admission and season-ticket holders outside of the suite, club, and loge areas -- and that's about 80% of the crowd. Since we are introducing an alcohol purchase option at Lupton Stadium in 2018, there's no obvious reason to delay doing the same at Amon Carter Stadium until 2019.