• The KillerFrogs

(North)Western Virgina -- The Illegal State

steelfrog

Tier 1
Even before the Civil War, Western Virginians had long recognized their differences from their ruling masters in Richmond, both by heritage and economics. Along came the Civil War and Virginia's secession (remember, Virginia passed the first Slave Laws) and, along with a friendly, abolitionist Prez, this presented the longed-for opportunity for the NW part of Virginia to separate itself from Virginia, notwithstanding that 7 presidents hailed from VA at that point.

Anyways, Virginia having seceded took VA out of the strictures of the US Constitution and so (North)Western Virginia formed its own government (the Reorganized Government of VA) and asked Lincoln for recognition, which he did. That government granted itself permission to form the state of West Virginia, which Lincoln approved in 1863.

Illegal as all hell!

And this, dear friends, is why the Frogs need to knock the ever-living daylights out of the criminals from West Virginia

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Even before the Civil War, Western Virginians had long recognized their differences from their ruling masters in Richmond, both by heritage and economics. Along came the Civil War and Virginia's secession (remember, Virginia passed the first Slave Laws) and, along with a friendly, abolitionist Prez, this presented the longed-for opportunity for the NW part of Virginia to separate itself from Virginia, notwithstanding that 7 presidents hailed from VA at that point.

Anyways, Virginia having seceded took VA out of the strictures of the US Constitution and so (North)Western Virginia formed its own government (the Reorganized Government of VA) and asked Lincoln for recognition, which he did. That government granted itself permission to form the state of West Virginia, which Lincoln approved in 1863.

Illegal as all hell!

And this, dear friends, is why the Frogs need to knock the ever-living daylights out of the criminals from West Virginia
Are you off your meds?

Spike

I lost my old Retriever during Snowmagedon.

Enter my new pup let May. Amazing times over the last six months.

Had 3 dogs to start the new year.; All 3 passsed in about 7 months. Dallas (who was KFC poster Kent Bell's black lab) passed in March. Lost Rex, the world's most awesome yellow lab, to cancer over the summer. About a year and a half ago an ex GF gave me Charlie, a long haired dauschund, and he passed a few months ago. Yesterday got Toby from a shelter called Lone Star up in Anna TX. If I was more Tech savvy I'd post a pic. @steelfrog could you help me out there?